Missing expansions The Sims 3 in Origin

by Lukynek99

Original Post

Highlighted

Missing expansions The Sims 3 in Origin

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I have bought a lot of The Sims 3 expansions and logged it in my Origin account, it has been working but since last week some of them just dissapeared but I still have them in my PC. I have just one origin account!!! Why did this happen? I´ve paid for these expansion on G2A how could they dissappear??? I am very disappointed  please help

Message 1 of 2 (299 Views)

Re: Missing expansions The Sims 3 in Origin

@Lukynek99  If I had to guess, I'd say you received bad codes from G2A, and the associated packs have now been removed from your account.  This happens quite often when purchasing from unauthorized third-party sellers.  The codes may have originally been stolen or otherwise fraudulently obtained, and they can pass through a few different intermediaries before being sold to unsuspecting players.  That's the risk of buying cheap codes through unapproved sellers.

In a way, you're lucky: more often, the packs remain on someone's Origin account but are blocked in-game; when this happens, the player needs to go through EA customer support to confirm the issue and have the packs removed if they'd like to buy replacement copies.  That can be a headache all by itself.

Anyway, in the future, you can avoid the risk by purchasing either directly through Origin or from an authorized seller:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (266 Views)