Missing content, sims look different after update

by madeleineross

Original Post

Highlighted

Missing content, sims look different after update

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have had a similar issue! When i updated the game i went back in, activates scripted mods as usual, closed and re opened the game, and then i looked at my most recent game and the mum who was quite an overweight sim was super skinny, the 2 toddlers were gone and the cat. I also can’t access base game worlds at all, and when i went into just a random family, they both had like massive eyes! I’ve been restarting my game and trying to “repair it” but nothing happens! 

edited title to match issue.  -puzzlezaddict

Message 1 of 5 (914 Views)

Re: Missing content, sims look different after update

@madeleineross  I've split your post into its own thread, since your issue is different than the one the others have.  Please start by clearing Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Restart your computer, and try to repair the game again.

For the sims that look different, if the repair doesn't help, please test with your mods disabled, and let me know whether the sims are back to normal again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (893 Views)

Missing sims, big eyes and no access to base game worlds

★★★ Newbie

I updated my game about an hour ago, and when i did everything i normally do (turned on scripts mods and restarted), i reopened the game and went when to LOAD GAME and on my most recent sim family, the Cat and the Toddler were gone, and my family were like quite a large family and now they are both super skinny. I have tried to “repair” the game, i looked at my mods folder extensively checked mods that usually cause issues, and still nothing changed. I also can’t access base game worlds where lots of my sims are living, especially in newcrest, and when i clicked on some random families their eyes were all massive! Creepy! Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know how to fix it? 

Message 3 of 5 (883 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you i will try Standard smile 

Message 4 of 5 (887 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got it to work when I turned the mods off and then clicked repair, I am going to try with the mods on once i’ve checked everything is back in order, thank you! 

Message 5 of 5 (870 Views)