by DawnKC3

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Missing base game worlds

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Get to Work, Vampires, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Run Sims 4 2. Load game (have tried on my two saved games) OR start new game 3. Available worlds are: Magnolia Promenade, Forgotten Hollow, San Myshuno. (plus, on loading existing game, Windenburg world appears but is correctly locked). I don't see any of the base game worlds -- Oasis Springs, Willow Creek, or Newcrest.
What happens when the bug occurs? The three worlds from the base game are missing: Oasis Springs, Willow Creek, or Newcrest.
What do you expect to see? Expect to see Oasis Springs, Willow Creek, or Newcrest, when loading a game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Happened in a recent auto-installed patch as was working on September 10th and wasn't working by September 15th.

Loading an existing gameCreate new game

Message 1 of 12 (29,944 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Missing base game worlds

Hero

Hi @notquitegeeky

sounds more like a messed up update than a bug.

Have you tried repairing the game through Origin yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (30,581 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @notquitegeeky

sounds more like a messed up update than a bug.

Have you tried repairing the game through Origin yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (30,582 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sorry, I actually had no idea there was a distinction between those two things and didn't know repairing was an option.

But I have repaired it now and then used some of your instructions from other threads to resolve some other issues that the repair caused and now it is all back to normal. Thank you so much!

Message 3 of 12 (29,878 Views)

Hero

Hi @notquitegeeky

glad that solved your issue.

If something is missing that was there before, it's always good to do a repair as troubleshooting.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (29,865 Views)

★ Novice
What did you do because im having the same problem and i repaired it through origin and nothing changed its still missing the base games
Message 5 of 12 (29,620 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict how do you repair it?
Message 6 of 12 (28,408 Views)

Hero
@MaddyRose1704 Right-click on the game in Origin and hit repair game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 12 (28,398 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for that tip as I was shocked the base game worlds had gone. My main families reside there. 

Phew. Big thanks!

:-)

Message 8 of 12 (27,695 Views)

★ Novice
@DawnKC3 Has it worked? Repairing through Origin? I contacted EA and the man was still asking me the same questions 31 minutes into the conversation, absolute *. I don't hold out much hope Frown
Message 9 of 12 (25,466 Views)

Hero
@catherineb485 haven't seen a person where it hasn't helped.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 12 (25,465 Views)