Re: Missing babies

by Andromache2013

Original Post

Missing babies

★★★ Novice

If I am not actively working in the household when my Sim has her baby , she does not bring it home.  When I do go back into the household and see no baby I do check the family tree, there is a baby but not in the household.

Message 1 of 14 (13,649 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Have you tried resetting the baby? Assuming there's a name for it. To reset a sim: 

• open up the cheat box (sift, ctrl, c at the same time)
  • Type in: resetSim (firstname) (surname)

Message 2 of 14 (13,638 Views)

★★★ Novice

will try that

Message 3 of 14 (13,634 Views)

★★★ Novice

I did that , nothing happened.  What should I do now? Close down and restart Sims again?

Message 4 of 14 (13,631 Views)

Re: Missing babies/map view icons

★★★ Novice

Hello, have had no response since yesterday morning, regarding my missing babies.  I tried reset and nothing happened.  The babies are in the family tree but not in the Sims relationships.  Also what is happening now is my map view icons disappear when I try to send my Sims somewhere. 

Message 5 of 14 (13,601 Views)

Hero

Babies have the tendendy to die (even if they don't show as dead in the family tree) when inactive so chances are that what's happened.

Did you check the newspaper if there is such a note for the baby of that family ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 14 (13,599 Views)

★★★ Novice

They still have color if you know what I mean.  When someone dies they are kind of black and white in the family tree. I did check for that also, I thought maybe Social Ser might have taken them but then they would be in the relationship space. Right?  It has happend to a few of my families.  I will check the newspaper though just in case.  Also can you tell me why my map view keeps disappearing.  If the family is large I can still see some of the icons on some of them but not all.  In small families ... it just disappears.  Thanks

Message 7 of 14 (13,597 Views)

Hero

The icon of dead Sims only change into their black/grey variant if the Sims appeared as ghost once. Usually for inactive babies that die that doesn't really happen so they often show as alive although they are in fact dead.

Inactive babies should not die in my opinion so this is a bug but it still happens cause they are not protected.

---

Map tags have a filter next to the big portrait. Are they on all for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 14 (13,594 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes, they are all on.  What I have to do sometimes is go to edit town save , then go back to the house I was working on sometimes that works sometimes not.  I will keep an eye on it and if it becomes more of an annoyance I will let you know.

Don't like when my babies die.  Hope this bug can be fixed.

Message 9 of 14 (13,589 Views)

Hero

Yeah, I find it very annoying cause it's hard to have any inactive families with babys. 

I'm unsure if they ever going to fix that cause I think the whole Story Progression is just one big fail.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 14 (13,586 Views)