Re: Missing World Edges in Windenburg/San Myshuno (NOT on lots!)

by Mystified_Morti

Original Post

Missing World Edges in Windenburg/San Myshuno (NOT on lots!)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So I noticed in Windenburg and San Myshuno there are missing objects. In Windenburg it's the ledges, where there's stone on the side of platforms (as shown in the photo, if it's there) and the floor "drags" down. This is all over Windenburg. In San Myshuno, there are gaps between fences and platforms, and multiple missing objects in the background that make up the very ground my Sims walk on. Literally. This has been present for a while now, and even after repairing all my sims 4 content and going through my mods and CC, I could not figure out how or why this is a thing. I also could not find anyone with a similar issue, not that I know of. These issues are NOT on lots, so I can't do anything about them myself. I have tried starting a new world to see if it's that single save file, and nothing changes. This has been an issue since around late May, early June, before the June 18th update. I'm not sure if it's mods/CC or missing files. It doesn't conflict my Sims' walking, but it's definitely an eyesore that I'm curious about.

EDIT July 13 2021;

I'm coming back to this two years later after believing literally no one else had this issue- and I don't check in often so I'm sorry to anyone who comes across this or has this issue and I don't respond. I tried everything- I've repaired numerous times since my original post and I've removed and replaced and added CC/Mods since. I'm still using the same laptop (it's barely holding together anymore), but I haven't found a fix for it. I've just kinda given up and accepted the fact that these worlds are major eyesores. I'm hoping that getting a new laptop and re-downloading the game will fix it. I'm wondering if there's some items that I messed with while converting my files from Onedrive to my laptop storage- which was what most likely caused it. For those of you who do find a solution, congratulations- and best of luck to those who, like me, are stuck with missing parts in their worlds.

Message 1 of 8 (1,812 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Hi;

You mentioned you already ran a repair and started a new file, so that pretty much rules out an integral file issue.

You mentioned CC/Custom Content, have you tried a new file while also having taken out all of your CC/Custom Content? If that changes the result at all, that might be your answer, then it would be a matter of narrowing down which CC is causing the problem.

Hopefully this helps give you an additional starting point to troubleshoot the issue.

- B

Message 2 of 8 (1,797 Views)

★★ Novice

@burin077 wrote:

Hi;

You mentioned you already ran a repair and started a new file, so that pretty much rules out an integral file issue.

You mentioned CC/Custom Content, have you tried a new file while also having taken out all of your CC/Custom Content? If that changes the result at all, that might be your answer, then it would be a matter of narrowing down which CC is causing the problem.

Hopefully this helps give you an additional starting point to troubleshoot the issue.

- B

When doing as you said, starting a new file and taking CC and Mods out, nothing changed. Sometime during early May or during that update I mentioned, I tried to take Onedrive out of my computer. While transferring my entire EA document folder to my pc to clean out OD before deletion, an error occurred where it couldn't transfer a certain cc folder. So I cancelled the transfer, and everything that already transferred was deleted. I scavenged as much as I could from the recycle bin, but all I could really find was gallery stuff, cc/mods, and music that I had put into my game, which I put back all into the correct files. I started up the game and it was essentially wiped clean aside from what I salvaged. I can't remember if this bug occured before or after, because I kind of got used to it after a while.

Message 3 of 8 (1,770 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have this problem too, did you ever figure it out?

Message 4 of 8 (1,578 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this issue aswell and I never use cc or mods, so i guess it's fair to rule those mechanics out from this. It started with me noticing walls and the bridge at Selvadorada was missing parts or compleatly gone. (Sorry if i misspelled somthing, English is my second language.)

Message 5 of 8 (1,536 Views)

@KHJenny  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  Then start a new save and see whether the same problems are still present.  If they are, please take a couple of screenshots and attach them to a post.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 8 (1,501 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict wrote:

@KHJenny  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  Then start a new save and see whether the same problems are still present.  If they are, please take a couple of screenshots and attach them to a post.

Repairing worked for me, thank you

Message 7 of 8 (1,458 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Solution!

I had this issue and, accidentally (while searching for a solution on here!) I found the solution myself. In settings, I had the view distance on low and when I put it back on high all the missing textures, like walls, ledges bridges etc. showed up! And the best thing of all, they stayed like that even after turning the view distance back to low! 

So apparently, if you load into a lot in Windenburg while view distance is set to low, the game doesn't now what to show you, so it just doesn't. But everything is fixed once you change the settings.

Haven't tested this on any world (or had any problems in them for that matter) so I can't tell if this fixed other worlds too.

Hope this helps!

Message 8 of 8 (979 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help