Re: Missing Sims Profile

by sevillaab

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Missing Sims Profile

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello, please help! I downloaded the most recent update and I've been able to play every new addition except for the Sims Profiles in the relationships category. I see the sentiments when my sims are having a conversation, but there is no "open sim profile" option for me. I play with mods and maybe one of them is bugged but I'm the only person with this problem from what I've seen. I'm not going to remove my mods, the game is unplayable without them. I provided some screenshots of what I see when I'm in the relationships category/click "actions" from the pie menu.

Message 1 of 7 (17,670 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Novice

I was having the same problem! I managed to narrow it down but I don't know what mod it is exactly because I don't want to sit through all that loading again (I have to many mods). The problem is either cc traits, jobs, LittleMsSam mods, an old version of slice of life, and/or Interactions Unlocked For Kylo And Others. I took all those mods out and I get the profile option now.  

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (17,600 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@sevillaab Does sound like an outdated mod

Here's the current list for broken mods/cc https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/983508/broken-updated-mods-cc-snowy-escape-nov-2020

It's not complete so you might need to check others as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (17,661 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict It didn't work unfortunately. I'm just gonna have to play without that feature which is a let down, I just can't locate the problem myself. Thank you though Standard smile
Message 3 of 7 (17,623 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I was having the same problem! I managed to narrow it down but I don't know what mod it is exactly because I don't want to sit through all that loading again (I have to many mods). The problem is either cc traits, jobs, LittleMsSam mods, an old version of slice of life, and/or Interactions Unlocked For Kylo And Others. I took all those mods out and I get the profile option now.  

Message 4 of 7 (17,601 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@KaiSimrose You're right! I moved my mods folder out and but mods back in gradually and up until the MsSam mods the open profile option was there. Thank you so much!!
Message 5 of 7 (17,593 Views)

★★★ Novice

After an hour or two of testing, I was able to narrow down the culprit to LittleMsSam's Pregnancy Overhaul mod. This may not be the only mod causing this problem for some people, but it's a good place to start if, like me, you have a rather hefty mod folder. Once I removed that mod, the option now appears under the action menu when selecting sims. 

Message 6 of 7 (17,493 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, I also had a similar problem, in my case, the sim profile DID appear on the menu but it did nothing after clicking it. Even worse, the relationship with the other sim was also gone! I managed to narrow it down to 3 CC CAS traits I had, they were old so no hope on updating them. I had to manually update them (a weird process) but in the end I managed to update them to work with this update.

In case anyone wonders how to do it, I did it with Sims 4 Studio, you can find some info here.

Message 7 of 7 (17,472 Views)