Re: Missing Sims Points

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Missing Sims Points

★★ Novice

My Sims Points have disappeared. I purchased $40 of sims points and for a while everything was fine. One day I tried to buy an item through the store and got the message,

"System Error!

A system error has occurred. Please try again at a later time." 

Now when I open the sims store instead of telling me how many points I have it tells me to buy points. In the Sims 3 game launcher and the in game store option they both say I have 0 sims points. I have tried repairing my game as well as clearing my browser history and signing into the store on different systems but nothing fixes the issue. 

I've spent a week in contact with EA help and they redirected me to sims forums because they're unable to help me. 

Message 1 of 2 (337 Views)

Accepted Solution

@PinnkLemonn02  There is, unfortunately, nothing that anyone here can do to help you.  Instead, you'll need to go back to support, but this time, I'd suggest trying EA Help on Twitter or Facebook.  Before you make contact though, go to ea.com, sign in, open Account Settings (click on your profile pic to see the option), and bring up your Order History.

Once there, you can view all your order details, going back as far as you want.  Purchases made with SimPoints will be listed as SC0 in the basic info, and if you expand the category, you'll see the actual price listed as -SCx , with x being the being the price you paid in SimPoints.  Look for a mistaken purchase around the time your points disappeared, or perhaps several purchases in a row for the same amount, as if the one purchase you made was submitted over and over until you were out of points.  You should also be able to find the initial purchase of points if you go back far enough.

When you ask for help again, you can submit screenshots of all this information; the order numbers should be enough to establish that you owned points that later disappeared.

If you don't get anywhere with EA Help, please let me know.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (303 Views)

All Replies

@PinnkLemonn02  There is, unfortunately, nothing that anyone here can do to help you.  Instead, you'll need to go back to support, but this time, I'd suggest trying EA Help on Twitter or Facebook.  Before you make contact though, go to ea.com, sign in, open Account Settings (click on your profile pic to see the option), and bring up your Order History.

Once there, you can view all your order details, going back as far as you want.  Purchases made with SimPoints will be listed as SC0 in the basic info, and if you expand the category, you'll see the actual price listed as -SCx , with x being the being the price you paid in SimPoints.  Look for a mistaken purchase around the time your points disappeared, or perhaps several purchases in a row for the same amount, as if the one purchase you made was submitted over and over until you were out of points.  You should also be able to find the initial purchase of points if you go back far enough.

When you ask for help again, you can submit screenshots of all this information; the order numbers should be enough to establish that you owned points that later disappeared.

If you don't get anywhere with EA Help, please let me know.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (304 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help