Missing Sims 3 content

by lgaudet

Original Post

Missing Sims 3 content

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Launched here, but most of the expansion and stuff packs are gone. EA app shows content paid for as not owned. Current game files won't play - because obviously it thinks you don't own content in them. This is A LOT of content purchased over the years. Sims 4 is awful. Sims 3 is the preferred game in this house. No point playing if most of your content you paid for is gone. I didn't even bother checking if content downloaded from the community and mods work.

Message 1 of 7 (576 Views)

Re: Missing Sims 3 content

Community Manager

Hi there @lgaudet,

I've split your post off into it's own thread- In your game library in the EA App, if you click The Sims 3 game tile and go to Manage-> Manage Add-Ons is your DLC showing there as available to download? Could you attach some screenshots to your post please of what you're seeing there? 

solaire.png

Message 2 of 7 (562 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@EA_Solaire  This seems to be the disappearing store items virus that EA can't seem to cure. 2 nights ago I played the game as it has been stable for several days (not weeks). Then last night I open the game and all my store items are uninstalled AGAIN! Maybe we should call this game Windows 95.

Message 3 of 7 (522 Views)

★ Novice

i’m having this issue as well. i bought the sims 3 supernatural a few months back and when i bought it, it worked. but then i played a little while ago and the pack wasn’t showing up in game or in the launcher. when using origin (and now EA) it says it’s installed but it doesn’t show up in game. i contacted EA about it and literally all the worker told me to do was contact steam, she didn’t give me any reasoning why except “steam workers will help you” even tho i literally bought it on origin. smh. 

Message 4 of 7 (515 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@tapiocasims   On another computer I just uninstalled Origin. Then I uninstalled the EA app. Then I downloaded the EA app from EA and installed it. I then opened Sims 3 and installed 2 store items. It looked like they were installed. I then closed the game and launched it again and the store items were uninstalled. This is a new computer fully capable of running this game. The game is all EA - no Steam. I uninstall any thing in the downloads tab. I then uninstall anything in the installed content tab. Had small brown boxes before. Install three store items.  I close the game - then I close EA app. Load EA app and launch game.Store items uninstalled (status no check.

Add: If your Steam base game is linked to Origin and you get the welcome page open expansions and stff. In the lower right corner you should see Don't see your packs and a button - install packs. Try that.

Message 5 of 7 (506 Views)

★ Novice

god i can’t imagine how annoying that must be. i contacted ea again about my issue and the worker said he’d keep my case open to try and look for an issue but while we were talking he couldn’t find anything. it feels like since the sims 4, the franchise has gone downhill. i never used to have any issues with the games, and i don’t have any issues with games from other platforms. it’s ridiculous 

Message 6 of 7 (499 Views)

@tapiocasims  Out of curiosity, did you at one point buy Supernatural through Steam, then refund it and buy through Origin instead?  That's the only good explanation I can think of.  In that case, the refunded copy could be blocking the pack from showing up even though you have a legitimate copy as well.

The only fix for that would be to go back to support and hope you get someone who understands the issue better.  They'd need to remove the bad code (the one from Steam) while leaving the Origin code intact, or else remove both and grant you the pack again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 7 of 7 (490 Views)