Re: Missing SimPoints, shorted SimPoints

by Dynchia

Original Post

★ Apprentice

I decided to go ahead and installed those that arrived today on my laptop. I will wait to install them on my desktop. I haven't installed anything on it yet. I have a list of every thing that was release and the order they was released in. The Expansion packs, the Stuff packs, and the worlds. I have them all sorted out by date of release. So far I have had no trouble installing and updating and acquiring the bonus nor any trouble with the register codes so everything seems to working great. I actually been capturing screen shots of the various load screens for each of the Expansion as well and saving them to make backgrounds out of. I wish the game would randomly rotate between the various load screens for the packs you have install instead of always playing the screen from the last one you installed. I like the load screens.

Dyn & Lynn

Message 11 of 21 (411 Views)

Hero (Retired)

that has been one of my personal wants for a long time to choose my favorite loading screen or randomize my favourite ones :D some of them i'm not of  i'm rather pleased for you that it's going well for you  Standard smile 

Message 12 of 21 (410 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ummmm, I wonder what it woulld take to write a mod that would do it? It would have to be at the core level I would guess. I might take a look into it after I finish my backup project I am laying out for The Sims 3. Earlie today I was looking more deeply into route fixes for some of the Worlds, how you have to edit the base world file, how it is done and all of that so I decided to throw me a series of old fashion DOS type BAT's to automat some of the work, like backing up the orignal World files, another that will swapped the altered and original for Game Patch releases (one of the wiki's I was reading warned that you have to rename the altered file and replace with an unaltered during a Game Patch update or it can cause trouble). Then there will be another for swapping the original back out and the alteered back in after the update. The mor I think about it though, I think I might break out Visual Basic and try writing it in basic. It's just that my DOS BAT skills are more solid then my Visual Basic skills. I use write a lot of Basic, but that was in the days of DOS using BasicA and then QBasic. I never really got around to learning the ins and outs of Visual Basic. Its much differnt. Sure, the basic command are the same but it is the whole interface thing. If I do write it in VB, I will most likely go ahead and add a routinue to back up the save games and clear the caches.

Dyn

Message 13 of 21 (403 Views)

Hero (Retired)

the only thing about mods persay is they not supported nor endorsed by EA they are an at your own risk there is one modder who "fixed" IP because of the routing issues with that island so most of us have to wait for a patch from the offical sites i did a lot of editing in game for island paradise because of the routeing issue  i had and so ha dothers one family was causing an issue the scott family what i had discoverd was th elady of the house was having a baby but whereever the family went no baby i moved them out to ahouse and deleted most of the ports removed some of the dive spots  unloced all the islands the more i was editing the world the less lag i was getting it still lags for me so i haven't played it in a couple of weeks but the last bit of lag i have is down to when some sims are traveling by boat and a mer is swimming in the sea they tend to IMO to want to use the same route i watched a mer and a sim in a boat flip flopping in the same area until one decided to go to the right the other to the left then that stuttering lag stopped  oh  and also if people have CAW if there is a game patch then CAW has to be reinstalled to be at the same patch level too other wise it won't work

Message 14 of 21 (401 Views)

★★★★ Novice

There is an addon already that lets you choose which load screen to use, but so far none that randomizes which one loads.

Message 15 of 21 (393 Views)

★ Apprentice

I know mods are not support or endose by EA. It will be at my own risk and use and I "WILL" backup the entire EA>Sims3 folder before I even try and write/run one.

Has far has the IP fix, I know of fixes out there for routing problems with EP0 - Sunset Valley, EP1 - World Adventures, EP2 - Twinbrooks, EP3 - Bridgeport, EP5 - Appaloosa Plains, EP6 - Starlight Shores, EP7 - Moonlight Falls, EP9 - Sim University, EP10 - Isla Paradiso, and for the Store worlds Riverview and Sunlit Tides. I believe I've seen some talk about problems in Lucky Plains, Monte Vista and I think EP11 - Oasis Landing.

Dyn & Lynn

Message 16 of 21 (388 Views)

Hero (Retired)

some of the monte vista  and lunar lakes ones were the rabbitholes  had got affected by whatever the issue was i think it was..yes it was to do with the tile placements so sims couldn't enter the RH and the action was cancelled  so going to edit town and replacing the RH was a souloution to that but  issue has since been fixed with a patch

Message 17 of 21 (385 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I've had too many Sims Points deducted from my Sim Point balance on the last few purchases from the Sims Store.  The first time it was 10 more Sim Points than the Sim Point amount listed for the purchase.  I did not catch it right away so let it go. Then it was 20 Sim points  more deducted from the listed amount.  I should have had 4346 Sim Points last Dec 12 but when I purchases again on 1/3/14 and spent 1700 points, when my sim point balance should have been 2646 it was short 20 points.  Yesterday I purchased a venue from the store that was listed as 1700 points and again 20 extra Sim Points were deducted.  So instead of my Sim Point balance being 946 points is 926.    Could I please have my 50 sim Points back?    Gramcrackers @  [edit: email address removed]

Message 18 of 21 (360 Views)

Hero

You need to contact a Customer Support game advisor for this

Game advisors can be found through live chat.

1. https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ 
  2. Click on the orange NEXT button
  3. Select a platform
  4. Click on the orange NEXT button
  5. Select a topic and describe your problem in a few words
  6. Click on the orange NEXT button
  7. Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Advisor

In Details here: How to contact a Game Advisor using the new EA Help page

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 21 (358 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thanks

Message 20 of 21 (355 Views)