Missing Potions

by sunwisecircles

Original Post

Missing Potions

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi. Missing potions from rewards store. Not in any inventories. Not in the fridge. I have run repair on the game. I have no mods and no cc. I did cheat in some satisfaction points so maybe that did it? But I don't know that it's normal. The creative and fertility potions are greyed out in the store - not accessible. Any ideas? Tips? Advice?

Message 1 of 5 (6,291 Views)

Re: Missing Potions

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@sunwisecircles

There probably is a bug in your current save.

Cheating for the satisfaction points has nothing to do with this error.
There is an option that what has been written below will help you in the future and this error will disappear.

Go to your game folder /user/Library/Documents /Electronic Arts - inside will be The Sims4 folder.
Find the file localthumbcache.package - and delete it. Don't be afraid. The game will create a new one but without saved errors.
Next, go to the Origin and fix the game once more.
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.

If it will be work save the game option "Save as .. number " - not "Save and Quit".

if it will not work the last chance is factory reset of your game folder as described in this post:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 5 (6,274 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Thanks Kreatora, I will give this a try
Message 3 of 5 (6,261 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Hi again @kreatora. I gave these a try and nothing changed. Still can't get the fertility potion to show up and the game registers it as being purchased and so I can't try again. Fun potion does show up. Looks like I'll just have to take my chances with the fertility massage and kids radio/tv. There is only so much kids network I can take.....
Message 4 of 5 (6,226 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hi @sunwisecircles

Unfortunately, you can not tell if it will work in a new game after this repair because repairing the game only fixes files in the installed game and not in your save. If the save is corrupted the repair will not help this.
Save your game option "Save as ..." so you can come back to it
Save your sim to the library and start a new game with it to check if the new save will has the same error. After checking you can exit the new game without saving
Did you try to do the factory reset of the game folder? This is the last chance that your current save and game will be fixed.

Message 5 of 5 (6,212 Views)