Re: MİSSİNG GAME

by P0L00320

Original Post

Missing Game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello I got sims4 in 2015 and I had it on my old computer when I download origin at my new origin did not show it. It is still on my old computer but I can not find it on origin but it still has its folder and shortcut. It opens offline. 

Message 1 of 8 (509 Views)

Community Manager

@121927222 

When you buy a game, it is linked to your Origin account "forever".

Log in to the Origin account you used on your old PC...on your new PC and you should be able to download, install and play the game.

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 8 (502 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Barry I installed months ago, after the last update my daughters 2 expansions disappeared... I was able to use the Sims4 code and put it back, however her Seasons and Discover University did not install... when I tried those codes it now says already used... well yeah they were... by us
Message 3 of 8 (477 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@P0L00320 Which platform are you on? PC, Mac, or console? Knowing this will help in determining how to try to fix this so your daughter can get back to enjoying her game packs.

Also, what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to fix this?

If you are on PC you can try this:

First, make a copy of your The Sims 4 folder & keep it in a safe place like an external drive or your Desktop. Name it however you like, something like The Sim 4_backup is fine. You probably won't need it but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Next, run a Repair on your game through Origin:
- In Origin go to My Game Library
- Right click on the Sims 4 game tile
- Select Repair in the pop up menu

This will check your Sims 4 game for any missing or corrupted files. Wait for it to scan your base game and all of your expansion packs. This might take a few minutes depending on your computer. After it has completed the scan, restart your game and see if everything looks good and your game packs are back.

Good luck I hope this helps :D

I'm just a regular Sims player, I don't work for EA, Sony, or Microsoft.

#stayandplay

Message 4 of 8 (462 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@RandomBuzzinessThanks for the reply... yes it’s on a Pc, however the problem is that we installed it on the PC, have the disk for university, but origin doesn’t show we bought it... if I run the repair it’s not going to fix it because it doesn’t show up in origin. So we tried to re-enter the Codes that we still have and now they say they have already been used... however same thing had to be done with Sims 4 and it took that code... I don’t understand this at all. I can try what you suggested but I’m nervous since the origin account doesn’t show the 2 expansions. 

Message 5 of 8 (422 Views)

★★★ Expert

@P0L00320 If log in on Origin you can click on Origin in the top left corner and select Order History from the pop-up menu it will take you to myaccount.ea.com. There you should be able to find proof of purchase for Sims 4 and all of your expansion packs. If they are listed there then they are in your Origin account and it should just be a matter of figuring out how to get them back in your game.

Btw- is it possible that you have more than one Origin account in your family? You need to be on the same account you originally used to download or install those expansion packs.

I'm just a regular Sims player, I don't work for EA, Sony, or Microsoft

#stayandplay

Message 6 of 8 (407 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Newbie
@RandomBuzziness Not completely true... we purchased in store not online, and I put in the codes manually. I do have another account but I checked that one too... no dice
Message 7 of 8 (375 Views)

★★★ Expert

Here is one other place to look, if you haven't already tried this. When logged into Origin, open My Game Library
- Right click on the Sims 4 game tile
- In the pop up menu, select Show Game Details
- Click on Expansion Packs

Scroll down to Discover University. What does is say directly under the words "Read More"? Does it say "Installed" or is it giving you an option to purchase the pack? Or something else?

ts4.JPG

Btw- I tried researching your issue through EA Help but this is all it said:

redeem.JPG

I know they had to cut their support hours lately, but maybe you can post or send them a message on their Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/EAHelpHub/

I'll keep checking too. I'd really like to see you get your games back. :D

Message 8 of 8 (332 Views)