Re: Missing Game packs bought in Orgin

by Sashas0nic

Original Post

Missing Game packs bought in Orgin

★ Novice

I have been using the EA Beta for awhile now and now after purchasing the Warewolf pack and a 4.99 pack, now when I try to play it says I am missing all the game content I bought in Origin.  I read something in EA that said they are working on binging all the Orgin content in but what does that mean to me now?  Do I need to switch back to Origin?  If i do that, will I have the content I purchased in EA?!?!!?

Message 1 of 3 (219 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @Kaliedoskope 

Do you mean the 'EA Desktop'? If so, when I had first switched over a long while back, a few glitches happened, like to update the game, I did that via 'Origin', signed out, and went back to EA Desktop.

Lately, or this year in fact, I don't hit any issues. 1: you do have to fully 'sign out' of Origin, to launch Sims via EA Desktop'.. also make sure 'auto-sign in' for Origin is not selected, 2: as it can not run in the background/be signed in at the same time as EA Desktop.

EA Desktop (Beta) does have an option to 'Restart App' and another (App Recovery), try both in the image, and see how that goes. (also, try 'updating' via Origin and signing out, as above..)

Hope that helps,

Sasha.

EA Desktop Beta 2022-06-19.jpg

Message 2 of 3 (191 Views)

@Kaliedoskope  Any content you bought through the EA App should also be available in Origin.  So while the EA App should work properly, if and when it's giving you trouble, it's fine to switch back to Origin.  You don't "need" to do so; it's just easier sometimes.

If you get an error when trying to open Origin, try opening the Task Manager and killing the EABackgroundService.  Or just restart your computer.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 3 (174 Views)