Missing Game Data Error code 468a3:29f00e76...

by AalyahReed

Original Post

Missing Game Data Error code 468a3:29f00e76...

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I have been able to play the Sims 4 successfully, until yesterday, and I know I do not need the Legacy edition. However, since yesterday, I when I click on the desktop shortcut to play the game, I received the following error message:

"The item 'TS4.x64.exe that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly.'

I have not made any changes to my game. I have tried deleting cache files as well as deleting Origin's cache. I have Avast, but the Sims 4 and Origin are already included on its exceptions list. I also do not have any Mods or CC.

The desktop shortcut icon has since disappeared today. When I try to open the game via Origin, I receive the following message:

"Unable to start due to missing game data. Please download the Sims 4 Legacy edition from Origin. Error code: 5de4813.29f00e7600 (followed by a bunch of zeros)"

As I mentioned before, I have never needed the Legacy edition to play the game. 

When I clicked "repair game" in Origin yesterday the shortcut returned and the game started working again. However, today I am receiving the same error messages that I received yesterday.

Can anyone tell me what is happening and how I should fix it, or am I going to have to repair game every time I want to play?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 5 (365 Views)

Re: Missing Game Data Error code 468a3:29f00e76...

@AalyahReed  It does sound like Avast is flagging TS4_x64.exe over and over.  Even though you've set exceptions, you may need to change additional settings; here's a guide:

https://crinrict.com/blog/2020/10/add-exceptions-to-anti-virus-programs.html/#avast

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (323 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict Thank you for the link. I'll give it a try.

Message 3 of 5 (315 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I tried adding it again, and I get the message "the exception already exists."

Message 4 of 5 (304 Views)

@AalyahReed  Did you check all of your settings against the ones listed in the guide?  The point is that everything has to match.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (284 Views)