by Diolacles

Original Post

Missing Faces

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Awesome Animal Hats, Digital Deluxe Edition, Digital Soundtrack, Life f the Party, Spa Day, Up All Night
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't think you can. I was playing along fine and I all of a sudden noticed it happening in every household (I play several)
What happens when the bug occurs? Random NPCs have missing faces. Hair, teeth and part of the jaw are still there, and occasionally glasses, but no face. Sometimes I can go into CAS with the NPC Sim and adding a random face fixes it. But there are dozens and dozens of them, and with some NPCs, adding another face doesn't work.
What do you expect to see? Well, I expect to see every NPC with a face. Some have faces, some don't. So, it doesn't happen with all NPC Sims, or even Sims that are MAIN Sims, such as Katrina Caliente & family (all are fine), The Landgraabs (all of them are fine) The Goths (all are fine) It seems with random lesser known NPCs that it occurs with. For example, Random Mixologists at any of the bars or Lounges (Rattlesnake Juice, Sky (something) Lounge....any of the clubs. I also detected it happening in the parks in both the populated worlds I have (Willow Creek, Oasis Springs)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I had been playing with no trouble up until recently. 

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 1 of 3 (309 Views)

Re: Missing Faces

★ Apprentice

Just to add to that, I completely uninstalled the game, and reinstalled it. No previous saves, no mods, no add-ons other than what I have already specified. Starts off seeming to work fine, then one or two start to appear without faces, and as the bar fills up, for example, more and more show up like that.

Message 2 of 3 (302 Views)

Re: Missing Faces

Hero
@Diolacles Moving this to tech for troubleshooting as this is usually to some custom content.

Did you rename your complete user folder or just remove mods/cc and saves ? Did you delete the localthumbcache folder ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (292 Views)