Missing Core/Activation.dll?

by hgizzle

Original Post

Re: jojpj

EA app Team

Hi @NikkiJose,

I have merged your thread here, please, in the future don't post twice for the same issue.

Please, try @roberta591's suggestion. To run the game as administrator, you need to right click on the game shortcut and select "Run as administrator".

Good luck,

Mai

Message 61 of 72 (3,157 Views)

Re: Missing Core/Activation.dll?

★★★★★ Newbie

for me this is 2017 it worked before but now after adding mods it won't work

Message 62 of 72 (3,111 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @DJgirlcharlie,

If the game works fine and the issue is caused by mods, you will need to find the mod that is causing the issue and remove it.

Please, keep in mind that Maxis doesn’t pre-screen, endorse or specifically support any particular Mod. You should use Mods with caution and understand there may be risk.

For more information about The Sims 4 and the use of mods, you could take a look to this article at EA Help.

Good luck,

Mai

Message 63 of 72 (3,100 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

download activation64.dll from <LINK REMOVED>. Then extract it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\Core.

EDIT (Crin): Removed Link. Never ever download a dll from some site. Always find the program that it belongs to and reinstall it.

Message 64 of 72 (2,831 Views)

★★★ Newbie

where is the core file ?

Message 65 of 72 (2,423 Views)

★ Novice

I have the laptop and runs on 10 windows. I have the sims4 and it is the digital deluxe. I was running fine until for some reason the forums updated with EA and on that particular day, I could not play my sims4 because I also got the code saying missing MSVCP100.dll which is a core file and yes I was too instructed to try to reinstall but it was done with a EA rep and the two of us specifically did the steps that you can follow if you search through the forum about how to uninstall and reinstall ( you will see it by searching the top search inquires under the game name and version. Anyhow, I played the base game. I did not install all the expansion. The base game did not allow me to cook on the stove and some of the features of items available seemed not to be working. I think maybe this is due to compatability issues now somehow. A patch should be released soon I hope. But for now, If someone figures out how to get an actual game that WORKS after doing ALL the EA instructed guidelines, then...that would be cool if it works for us all. In the mean time I should also just make mention that I am still getting a error message that says The Sims 4 stopped working. This happens when I am closing out the game and the computer returns back to desktop and origin is still in progress to close. And, I should make mention that PRIOR to ANY of my issues, my game was working perfectly on the older version of EA and was working on origin with out issues in game. Im frustrated and have paid a lot of money. I do not have the luxury to invest in a top notch newest and greatest computer. All I can do is erase my whole computer and redo it all I suggest you All try that.

Message 66 of 72 (2,420 Views)

★ Novice

what should i do after downloading them? Frown

Message 67 of 72 (2,174 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've had the same problem but with spore, I'm trying to use the freedom cheat so I can restart my youtube  channel.

Message 68 of 72 (1,901 Views)

Hero

Hi @Chillico54

if the tips in this thread haven't helped, I would suggest posting in the Spore forum: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Spore/bd-p/Spore

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 69 of 72 (1,890 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how do u inserted activation in core?

Message 70 of 72 (1,441 Views)