Original Post

Accepted Solution

Milk not going into fridge after latest expansion/update

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs All game packs save for Journey to Batuu, Dream Home Decorator, Spa Day, and Strangerville Only have Laundry Day, Movie Hangout, Spooky Stuff, and Tiny Living of the stuff packs and Bust the Dust kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try putting milk in the fridge. I first encountered this bug when I tried putting it in the Fridges of Komorebi County fridge.
What happens when the bug occurs? The milk will not go into the fridge and acts like an item that won't go in.
What do you expect to see? Milk in the fridge.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent patch and new game pack for Cottage Living.

I only just ran into this bug, and I'm not sure if anyone else has run into it either. Like described above, I tried putting milk I just got from my cow into a new fridge and it won't go in. Additionally, since the fridge I have is a new one, all the rest of my milk is also not in the fridge and is instead sitting in my inventory.

Edit: Did a bit of checking, and this is affecting all my fridges, not just one. I am using Cordelia's Secret Cottage in Henford-on-Bagley if that helps to narrow it down.

Message 1 of 6 (1,132 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Milk not going into fridge after latest expansion/update

Hero
@Charbonne Could you try a game repair and deleting the localthumbcache file ?

If this doesn't help, can you put milk in the fridge that you buy ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (1,109 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Charbonne Could you try a game repair and deleting the localthumbcache file ?

If this doesn't help, can you put milk in the fridge that you buy ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (1,110 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict Okay, I deleted the localthumbcache file and it actually worked. I forgot to do repairs on the game though, but apparently I didn't need to. If I run into the problem again, I will do the repair as well as the delete.
Message 3 of 6 (1,076 Views)

Hero
@Charbonne That's good to hear.

I'm moving this to tech for now but please tag me if it happens again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (1,058 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same problem. PS4. No mods, obviously. I can milk my cow but cannot put milk in fridge. I own every pack. 

Message 5 of 6 (965 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@GeminiAngel619 

Drag the stack of milk to the fridge. Note that if any of the milk is spoilt you can not drag it to the fridge. In that case you need to open the stack and get rid of all that are spoilt.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 6 (947 Views)