by absurdpixelfish

Original Post

Military career workout from home task never completes

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but the laundry stuff one and the pet stuff one.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim in the military career. Choose to work from home. On a day where the work from home assignment is to workout on an exercise machine, no matter how much you workout, it does not complete the goal. The next day, your boss is disappointed in you and you get $0.
What happens when the bug occurs? I tell my sim to workout on a treadmill. Once she finishes, she steps off the treadmill. But the work from home assignment is never able to be completed. Even if I keep putting her back on the treadmill. She was on the treadmill all day. Still nothing Frown
What do you expect to see? I expect the work from home assignment to be completed after my sim has spent some time on the treadmill.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I just installed Strangerville.

It's weird you have to type into this extra field here in order for the "submit" button to appear. And it was not clearly marked as required. Also, why is it required? Disappointed

Message 1 of 4 (9,196 Views)

Re: Military career work from home task never completes

Champion

@absurdpixelfish, what level of the military career is your Sim at? Wondering If they are at level 5 or higher, then what branch did you choose for them?  

I have a Sim at level 5 in the Military and he is in the Covert Operations branch.  When I've had this task for him, I had him workout on the weight machine instead of the treadmill, and I've had no problems so farRaised eyebrow Standard smile  You can test to see if this is the case by buying a weight machine (use the "kaching" money cheat if you have to) and see if this is the problem.  I can also try to see if I get the same task for my military Sim and see if only the weight machine satisfies the task.  

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 4 (9,180 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @absurdpixelfish 

that's just the way this bug forum thing was set up. You need to write something in the field when you make a new post that doesn't have the template so it's the same for posts that have it. Limitations :D

As @PugLove888  said, are you sure you used the right machine ?  There's the one where you run and the one where they train their muscles. They're different things. Exercise machine would be the one where they sit down and train their arms. Treadmill is for running.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (9,164 Views)

Hero

Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

@absurdpixelfish 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (8,938 Views)