Re: Midnight Hollow is not downloading in Sims 3 Launcher

by mindidesu96

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Midnight Hollow is not downloading in Sims 3 Launcher

★ Novice

I recently purchased Midnight Hollow and it is not showing up in my sims3 launcher. A login prompt pops up and I enter my email and password and nothing happens. I have reset my password plenty of times to see if I was putting in my password incorrectly. However, after about 10 password resets I am still not able to get past the Login prompt to start the download. If anyone has any tips or can point out what I am doing wrong please let me know. 

Message 1 of 3 (699 Views)

Accepted Solution

@mindidesu96  Try clearing the cache for Internet Explorer.  Even if you never use it, the launcher does for some purposes.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorite sites.

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

Normally, you shouldn't need to sign into the launcher to download any content.  As long as you're signed in within the browser you're using to download the world, that should be enough.  If it's still not though, try downloading into a clean Sims 3 user folder.  Move the entire existing folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, open the launcher to spawn a clean folder, and try downloading the world again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (680 Views)

All Replies

@mindidesu96  Try clearing the cache for Internet Explorer.  Even if you never use it, the launcher does for some purposes.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorite sites.

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

Normally, you shouldn't need to sign into the launcher to download any content.  As long as you're signed in within the browser you're using to download the world, that should be enough.  If it's still not though, try downloading into a clean Sims 3 user folder.  Move the entire existing folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, open the launcher to spawn a clean folder, and try downloading the world again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (681 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you very much! It has started downloading!
Message 3 of 3 (670 Views)