Accepted Solution

Mermaids not transforming in water

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? At all times so far
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Island Living, Seasons, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Vampires, Discover University, Realm of Magic, Laundry Day Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff
Steps: Start a game in Sulani and observe the townie mermaids, Nalani, Uku, and the the other one(cant remember her name)
What happens when the bug occurs? The mermaids in question are swimming as humans and sometimes in different outfits than swimwear, such as formal.  They swim in the very fast style, like they have their swim speed buffs/max fitness or w/e, but are completely human form and animation
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 

I'm not very computer savvy so excuse my perhaps inaccurate explanation.  I had to upgrade my windows to 10 at the start of the year, and so my husband replaced my hard drive to a solid state and copied my drive over as well as upgraded me to win10(probably not in that order). 

I've only just gotten around to playing the sims again, I havn't had any other problems with other games, but the first unusual thing I noticed was origin reinstalled some number of patches or files with the titles of all my owned game packs. 

I don't know if they were all reinstalled, if they were patches or what as I took a quick bathroom break thinking it was gonna take awhile to reinstall all that, but it was done when I came back.  I havn't observed my computer needed to reinstall any other game content from my other games since the upgrade, and so all my content should have been the same/still there.  

The game is running fine in every regard except these townie mermaids.  This is also a new game from scratch.  I Loaded an old save that I played as a mermaid and he was fine in the water, so idk why these townies in a fresh save are being weird.  

Message 1 of 5 (12,106 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mermaids not transforming in water

★★★★ Apprentice

Just came to give an update.  I cleared my cache, and did a repair which didn't solve the issue.  I was about to follow your steps to a factory reset, but first wanted to test some things.  My sim married the merman Uku.  He still swam in human form even after joining household, but when I took him into CAS to view his mermaid form and exited it fixed the problem for all mermaids.  Something must have unblocked it or whatever!(sorry not very computer savvy but sometimes I get things done lol)  Thank you for your help!

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (12,006 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Apprentice
@WhantSomeEggs

The problem with mermaids is that you won't see the NPC mermaids for so long until you make friends with one of them and she will admit she is a mermaid. From now on you will always see their fish tails in the water. It is set by design.
As for the disappearing packs, this is a small Origin bug that will disappear immediately if you fix the game on Origin.
Origin/My games library - right-click on TS4 - option: "Repair"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 5 (12,093 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hmm, I was perhaps unclear, I meant that mermaids are NOT showing their tails in the water.  All the of the games premade mermaids are swimming like humans in clothes that aren't their swimwear at times.  In my old save from before my system was upgraded I played a custom mermaid, so I loaded it up to see if this was affecting my own played mermaids and it was not.  It may be that if I invited them to my household it might clear up whatever conflict is occuring with them, unfortunately thats not something I can do everytime this is a problem.  My current sim is dating Uku right now, but he still swims like a human and doesnt transform into his merself, just like the others.  I'll give a repair a try though, that may be all that is the problem, I wanted to see what anyone said first before wasting my time, in case it had something to do with the hard drive copy/origin doing something odd.  Thanks for your reply!

Message 3 of 5 (12,066 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Message 4 of 5 (12,041 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Just came to give an update.  I cleared my cache, and did a repair which didn't solve the issue.  I was about to follow your steps to a factory reset, but first wanted to test some things.  My sim married the merman Uku.  He still swam in human form even after joining household, but when I took him into CAS to view his mermaid form and exited it fixed the problem for all mermaids.  Something must have unblocked it or whatever!(sorry not very computer savvy but sometimes I get things done lol)  Thank you for your help!

Message 5 of 5 (12,007 Views)