by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mermaid wearing weird clothes when changing while nude

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: (all packs up to and including Island Living) Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Island Living, and Get To Work. Stuff Packs: My first pet stuff, Landry Day, Fitness Stuff, Bowling Night, Backyard Stuff, Movie Hangout, Spooky Stuff, Romantic Garden, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Perfect Patio, Holiday Celebration.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Simply turning into a mermaid while the character is considered nude after sunbathing nude, skinny dipping, or any other method, yields weird results of mysterious clothing appearing. Even with the Mosaic, you can see she is still wearing a coat underneath (however I have a no mosaic mod activated for the pics). This also happens when sending a mermaid to bathe, like in a bubble bath.
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever my mermaid transforms in water while she happens to be nude, a strange overcoat appears over her. I have no mosaic mods for the realism so I'm able to see it, but the strange part is I can not find this mysterious coat anywhere in CAS. If I turn Mosaic back on, it doesn't even come close to obscuring the coat as it only blurs her chest region, so it looks extremely bizarre as it looks like she's wearing a coat with a hole cut in the center or something.
What do you expect to see? I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to see here as this is all considered something I SHOULDN'T see thanks to mods, however, I would have been perfectly fine if the mermaid scales tops appeared instead of a strange brown overcoat.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It's been the case ever since I downloaded Island Living and got a mermaid character.

Okay so this one is a bit strange. Being that I use CC I'm not a stranger to the common bug of clothes appearing when a character should be nude and having to go find the clothes and delete or fix them. However, what makes this one strange is for some reason i can not find the clothes in question nor can I really use any mods or cheats to correct the issue as it only affects the mermaid form. 

I'm not in the practice of having my sims naked much, so I didn't really notice this till now, but my sim was sunbathing nude to get rid of some ugly tan lines on a pool floaty, but when she jumped off she didn't put her clothes back on and when she changed into her mermaid form she was suddenly wearing this boring long brown overcoat (think flasher) with a red scarf and her tail clipping through the bottom of it. I don't recognize this coat at all and even tho I have a lot of CC clothing, this is neither a coat i remember, nor would I look twice at it on any sorta mod page. It looks like any of the dozens of other overcoats built into the game, so I would have no reason to download or want it. Ergo it's an official piece of built in vanilla clothing in my opinion (which I later proved correct), but I can't find it at all in CAS to prove it's CC or not, and even using mods like "reset bathing outfit" to fix these kinda bugs doesn't really work since her human form is behaving normally and i wouldn't begin to know how to specify her mermaid form anyways.

This hasn't been a huge problem as it's not something that happens often or i pay much mind to, but now I've found the one place where it does sorta become a problem...baths. In the shower my Mersim is fine as she remains a human, but in a bath tub, her tail forms...thus so does the overcoat. I was more expecting the scales top to form (if anything) and would almost prefer that, but this weird coat is such an eye-sore and looks so bizarre with my sim sitting in a bath wearing it (almost wanna ask if she's okay).

This bug is more comical than frustrating but figured I'd point it out just because it's so weird and I wouldn't even begin to know how to fix it, and also because no one else seems to be reporting anything about it as far as I can find.

Mid Report Update: Okay so while writing this I had a sudden light bulb moment as to why I couldn't find the coat. While I was snapping screenshots I noticed it also fit my Mersim terribly. It was all weirdly angled and poorly rendered to the form of her body, and so I turned the "feminine" tag off in CAS and...I still can't find this coat anywhere (neither in tops or full outfits). That being said, I am a fairly confident that this coat is considered Masculine as it does NOT fit my sim like any of the feminine coats do and that it's a full outfit being that it reaches below the waist but it still is a mystery to me.

Next I have removed all mods and CC except "No Mosaic" (so that I can see the results) and tested this again. Yup, coat remains. So the coat itself is not CC or a mod.

I now removed all mods so mosaic is back on and this is the funniest bit because, yeah even mosaic doesn't hide it. So to clarify the last pic is absolutely all mods and CC removed and the game set back to vanilla standard and even censored my mersim is OBVIOUSLY wearing this mysterious long coat.

Now I just wanna know what this coat is and why it eludes me so. I'm gonna put every sim in it because it's clearly magical.

Message 1 of 7 (4,968 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mermaid wearing weird clothes when changing while nude

★★★ Apprentice

I gave in and just installed MCCC as all my research found that this is basically the easiest option to not have to go and overhaul my whole game and...so far it seems to have worked (not gonna share proof photos for obvious reasons, but trust me it worked). Basically just put her in the pool skinny dipping (which you'll probably need Get Together to do, not sure any other place you can get a naked mermaid and still use the MCCC on them, maybe the bath) and used MCCC to "clear outfit". Didn't even have to remove the mods or anything it just worked as intended first try and even had a notification pop up to tell me, "clear outfit failed, no items to remove" or something along those lines, yet it removed the mystery coat. So far that seems to have fixed it will little to no effect on my game as far as I can tell though I will leave the mod on for the time being in case anything happens again. Also, decided to check NPC mermaids as well, so I formed a group of all the ones I know, and went skinny dipping together. They all had some sort of random clothing on but all of them seemed to be "Career" based apparel like vendor and fast food clothes, which may explain why I can't find this mysterious coat, probably a hidden career outfit. But again simple MCCC clicks on all them fixed the problem in seconds. So, there's the solution for anyone like me who prefers a modded game and needs a simple and easy fix. 

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (4,783 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I don't know if this is really related but I'll use this opportunity to bring this up, but for some reason every time I load CAS (Change Sim in mirror usually) my Mersim defaults back to "link form" when it comes to her mermaid form and I've found this to be quite annoying because if I'm not paying attention and forget to unclick that, it affects many of my outfits. Sometimes my human form outfits will change into the mermaid outfits (bikini bottom but scales top) and change all my hairstyles, and sometimes my Mermaid form will suddenly get all swapped around and change appearance. I'll be honest that the link option doesn't make a whole lotta sense how it works and I find the whole thing confusing. I figure it would mean your mermaid would just change into whatever you were already wearing or look like but it NEVER works that way. I just found it would more commonly just make its own outfits that have nothing to do with what I was wearing and definitely bugs out if I'm wearing a one piece swimsuit and I find it just better to make your own mermaid forms, however as I said, half the time I load up CAS all my meticulously designed outfits are all swapped around and weird.

Message 2 of 7 (4,910 Views)

Hero
@Hyperion_Rail Could you test her in a fresh game that never saw any mods ? There are mods/cc that are causing this and often the Sim doesn't go back to normal when the cc/mod is removed unless you reset the nude outfit (there used to be a mod for that and MCCC also has a rather complicated way to do it).

Also test a new Sim if the same happens on a fresh modless game.

MCCC also caused issues like that if you're not using the updated version and I don't know if it goes back to normal when you remove it.

Have you been using MCCC and if so, did you update it to the latest version to check if that helpos ?

For your second post, probably best to post in feedback on that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (4,880 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I know the mod you speak of to reset the bathing outfit, I have it already cuz as I said, not my first rodeo in this department. Par for the course when it comes to CC. But I wasn't sure if just resetting this character would reset her mermaid form as well or is it listed as a separate character. I will try it and see what happens, but my fear is, how do I put this easily...I've created a LOT of custom outfits for a LOT of my sims, I mean I downloaded them and then put them on everyone, I literally went into manage worlds and went through dozens of the NPC's and created 40 unique outfits for every one. Removing all mods and then saving will of course reset all that hard work which seems more problematic than just dealing with a silly coat in the bath so bear with me while I test my options or if you have a solution to exclusively focus on her without affecting the rest of my game, that would be great. Like how can I separate her from the world and then put her back without messing everything else up? I only say this cuz I had a recent issue and tried resetting the game before finding a better solution, and found myself in a spot of bother trying to get everything back up and working when I reloaded the sims into the same house both pulled from the gallery backups, only to find all the money in the vault gone, all inventories cleared, upgrades all reset, rocket missing, etc. etc. and so I found the game to be MORE of a problem than when it was broken because my sims couldn't even pay their bills as their money was reset to $25,000 instead of the $5mil I had amassed. TL:DR...starting over sucks and I'd like to avoid that but I still haven't learned all the tricks to this game as I just started playing last month so don't fully know my options. (though I've been a avid simmer since Sims 2...just late to the game on this one. Times are tough, and when it was free was my first chance to afford it...haha.)

I also don't use MCCC. I generally try to steer clear of too many Script level mods, and try to stick to only surface level stuff like outfits and textures, but for the most part try to avoid anything that changes gameplay unless I have to have it to balance Mod problems (such as the Reset Bathing Outfit mod). Normally I'd have this cleaned up in no time, but where it threw me off is being that it's the occult form with the problem while the human form is fine and I don't know if they're listed under different code, and also that the outfit in question appears to be standard non-CC so that I can't just remove that one item to fix the problem. 

Also per my second post I found another thread on that topic already.

Message 4 of 7 (4,854 Views)

Hero
@Hyperion_Rail Can you upload the Sim to your gallery and just put them in a new game and test there ? I currently don't have time to test myself and I really wish there was a way to just edit the nude outfit but to me it seems you somehow got a clothing piece on your nude outfit of the mermaid form.

I'm not sure the reset bathing mods till works as it hasn't really been updated, especially for mermaids.

Maybe aging her down to a kid and back up can help ? No idea really.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (4,843 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I gave in and just installed MCCC as all my research found that this is basically the easiest option to not have to go and overhaul my whole game and...so far it seems to have worked (not gonna share proof photos for obvious reasons, but trust me it worked). Basically just put her in the pool skinny dipping (which you'll probably need Get Together to do, not sure any other place you can get a naked mermaid and still use the MCCC on them, maybe the bath) and used MCCC to "clear outfit". Didn't even have to remove the mods or anything it just worked as intended first try and even had a notification pop up to tell me, "clear outfit failed, no items to remove" or something along those lines, yet it removed the mystery coat. So far that seems to have fixed it will little to no effect on my game as far as I can tell though I will leave the mod on for the time being in case anything happens again. Also, decided to check NPC mermaids as well, so I formed a group of all the ones I know, and went skinny dipping together. They all had some sort of random clothing on but all of them seemed to be "Career" based apparel like vendor and fast food clothes, which may explain why I can't find this mysterious coat, probably a hidden career outfit. But again simple MCCC clicks on all them fixed the problem in seconds. So, there's the solution for anyone like me who prefers a modded game and needs a simple and easy fix. 

Message 6 of 7 (4,784 Views)

Hero
@Hyperion_Rail Glad you got it fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (4,757 Views)