Re: Mermaid scales and tails not showing up.

by someaccountname

Original Post

Hero (Retired)

@ewright9 wrote:

Just pointing out I was having the same problem, didn't mean to intrude.

it's ok you didn't intrude and yeah IP is lovely if you can get to play in the world but hey i can build dive lots and or  resorts in sunset valley if i want to and have fun there

Message 11 of 28 (5,457 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just another suggestion, resetsim didn't work to get the scales back but the aging up solution does on my game. When starting a new game on Isla Paradiso you can make a random sim, move them in, and use testingcheatsenabled true plus the mailbox to make them know everyone. Then you can sift through the list until you've found the four default mermaids, and signal them. When they show up just edit them in CAS (shift+click them) to be an age group younger than they are, then leave CAS. Next you force them to age up with another shift+click and voila! They have their original scales and tails. Then you can delete your random sim (if you don't like playing with knowing everyone because it's annoying to me) and start your actual family you wanted to play.

Message 12 of 28 (5,444 Views)

★★★ Newbie

For me the public tails show up once one of my sims is a mermaid - but all the mermaids that I do know will remain tail-less.

Message 13 of 28 (5,427 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

I found out what to do. First press ctrl + shift + c and then type "testingcheatsenabled true"and then press enter and then you press ctrl + shift + c again and you type "resetsim *"  and then you press enter again. If you done that you will be placed on a island and you will be hungry and if your an mermaid your hyrdation will be low but i don't if you will be smelly as an normal sim but you can drag it up to where you want it to be. Then you shift click on the desired mermaid and click "Open in Create A Sim" then you change the age one lower than you want the mermaid to be and you go out Create A Sim. Then you shift click the mermaid again and click "Trigger Age Transition" and the mermaid will have a birthday and sparkling things will go around the mermaid and the mermaid should have the scales and tails back. Ive used 2 things from people wich replyed and put them together. So sorry if you didn't like that. Confusedmileysad:

Message 14 of 28 (5,109 Views)

★★ Novice

I had some success with removing and adding the mermaid occult status via Nraas Mastercontroller Cheats (you need basic and cheats for this to work). I'm not totally sure, how I did it, but I think it worked like this:

1. Click on the mermaid you want to repair and go: nraas -> mastercontroller -> intermediate -> moodlets-> Occult: remove

2. Click the mermaid icon and confirm your choice to remove it. Your mermaid should be a normal sim now.

3. Perhaps, I've unpaused the game for a second (?)

4. Perhaps I've changed the outfit: nraas -> mastercontroller -> basic -> outfit

5. Add the mermaid status again: nraas -> mastercontroller -> intermediate -> moodlets-> Occult: add

6. Perhaps I've changed the outfit: nraas -> mastercontroller -> basic -> outfit to swimwear

So there are a lot of question marks here, but currently I cannot play, so if anyone wants to test this out... I would be interested if this works, as I remember at the moment Standard smile Actually, I think 1., 2. and 5. should be enough...

Message 15 of 28 (5,105 Views)

★★★ Newbie
My problem is very similar except some of my mersims have tails and scales on their legs and then there are some who don't have the tail and scales but are still considered mersims. I made one my bf--Salty Seaworthy-- so I can see if the glitch would solve itself but It didnt. AnD just now I found a girl with the same super pale skin color with the same glitch. However I have found 3 other mersims that have tails and scales. Perhaps they are a different kind of mersim???
Message 16 of 28 (4,849 Views)

★★★ Newbie
The change colours then swimming in the ocean helped! Thanks a bunch!
Message 17 of 28 (4,558 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I personally have seen some sims in my towns that ARE mermaids and ik they are because of how they swim, but I notice its more of the Post Generated sims by Post generated I mean the ones EA have scripted for the Signal Mermaid option. Now I'll say my sullution.

Download; The Mods Folder

Nraas Master Controller and

Nrass Master Controller Cheats

now once they are installed click on the broken mermaid npc click nraas then click master controller, than intermediate, then occult remove and select mermaid and click the tick. Now hit play and let game run for about 5s allowing the game to remove them from mermaid life state once that's done. Goto through the same steps right before occult remove. And click occult add and click mermaid and click the tick. Run game for upto 5s to add mermaid life state to them. And They have a Mermaid Tail when they go into water. Standard smile . Just make sure they are not in the water when you do this. As the game might get confused with outfits and might crash and burn.

cheers Kai

Message 18 of 28 (4,518 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This really helped thanks Standard smile

Message 19 of 28 (4,411 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Had the same problem. Tried the solution previously offered of Editing the sim in the mirror by choosing change scale color and it worked.! It doesn't SEEM to work while you are doing the edit. You don't see any scales and can't change the colors. Accept the change anyway and send the sim into the water. In less than a minute, the tail appears.
Message 20 of 28 (4,290 Views)