Re: Mermaid scales and tails not showing up.

by redbackspider7

Original Post

Mermaid scales and tails not showing up.

★★ Novice

I gather this is quite a rare problem but it's really bugging me.

The mermaid townies that appear in the diving spot in Island Paradise do not appear to have any tails or scales. They swim like mermaids and breathe underwater and all mersim interactions are present but they look just like normal sims.

At first I thought this was a CC conflict so I removed all my custom content and ran the game without. This didn't change so I uninstalled the game, rebooted, reinstalled and started a new savegame. Still the mersims just look like sims.

Out of curiousity I asked one to move in and tried changing the scale colours in the mirror but once the CAS page appeared, clicking on 'colors' did nothing. It was like it was missing from the game entirely in all but the icon.

As a further experiment I got a normal sim to ask about becoming a mersim and he transformed - complete with tail and scales. But all the townie mersims remain tailless.

It seems a minor issue but the mersims were the main appeal of this EP and it rather spoils it that the 'mersims' I am discovering in the ocean just look like people. There must be a solution. I have removed all custom content and started again from installation but still nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 28 (42,671 Views)

Hero

It's not rare. It's a bug.

I don't have a solution for you though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 28 (42,629 Views)

★ Apprentice

This was the only question i could find on the web that was exactly the same as mine but there's no answer -______-

Message 3 of 28 (42,566 Views)

Hero (Retired)

some mods may cause that issue too (if they haven't been updated to the newest patch level same as yours 1.63 if you don't have mods don't worry about that bit)  sometimes what has worked is to age the sim up b'day cake

without having to age the mermaid up this might work use the mirror using the “Change Scale Color” interaction on the mirror  with the mermaid and change the color of the tail and after that send to the pool or sea or if you have a pool on your lot

Message 4 of 28 (42,561 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice
I had the same problem, press ctrl shift c write "testingcheatsenabled true" then ctrl shift c again and "resetsim *" this will reset all the Sims in your town.
Message 5 of 28 (42,240 Views)

Hero

And that helps with the tail-less mermaids ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 28 (42,231 Views)

★★★ Newbie

First, see if taking off tattoos or any mods you have on fixes the issue.

If not, try going to a mirror and selecting "Change Scale Color". When you exit the scales should be there.

If this STILL doesn't work, use testingcheats, click on the mermaid that is having the difficulties and go into CAS. Change their age to one below the age you want them to be (if you want a young adult, make them a teenager). Click okay and exit CAS. Make them age back up so it’s suddenly their birthday. They should do the sparkly twirl thing and reappear with the scales on their legs. I did this for 3 mermaids and it worked. You’ll have to reedit their clothes though. This option is handy if the mermaid you want to fix is not part of your house hold.

The only issue I can see happening is if you want the mermaid to be a teenager, so you turn them into a child first. This might get rid of some of their skills.

If none of that works I am sorry.

Message 7 of 28 (41,681 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I got Island Paradise a few days ago and have been fighting with it since I installed it. I have the common lag/freezing issue that I never had before installing Island Paradise, which none of the suggestions I found online have fixed (Deleting the Scott family and house, installing overwatch, etc.). I went into Sunset Valley and successfully built a custom dive lot and island for a mer-family to live on, but when I moved the family into the lot the game completely glitched and dropped them in the middle of the town, needless to say I quickly gave up on that idea and went back to the glitched Isla Paradiso. In all of my Island Paradise games none of the npc mersims have had scales or tails, as the OP said. Not a huge deal for me since my sims could still have their tails and scales, but a little bothersome and takes away from the major reason I was still hanging onto the hope of getting Island Paradise to work. I have no custom content (and never have), and only just installed overwatch today, but the mermaid tails problem was present before installing the mod. I know EA is more preoccupied by the Sims 4 right now, but I still paid good money for this expansion pack which is turning out to be extremely bugged and it would be nice to have it work correctly.

Message 8 of 28 (40,714 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@ewright9 wrote:

I got Island Paradise a few days ago and have been fighting with it since I installed it. I have the common lag/freezing issue that I never had before installing Island Paradise, which none of the suggestions I found online have fixed (Deleting the Scott family and house, installing overwatch, etc.). I went into Sunset Valley and successfully built a custom dive lot and island for a mer-family to live on, but when I moved the family into the lot the game completely glitched and dropped them in the middle of the town, needless to say I quickly gave up on that idea and went back to the glitched Isla Paradiso. In all of my Island Paradise games none of the npc mersims have had scales or tails, as the OP said. Not a huge deal for me since my sims could still have their tails and scales, but a little bothersome and takes away from the major reason I was still hanging onto the hope of getting Island Paradise to work. I have no custom content (and never have), and only just installed overwatch today, but the mermaid tails problem was present before installing the mod. I know EA is more preoccupied by the Sims 4 right now, but I still paid good money for this expansion pack which is turning out to be extremely bugged and it would be nice to have it work correctly.

Hello, this is someone elses topic/question so can you please make a new question related to this? Thank you.

Message 9 of 28 (40,708 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just pointing out I was having the same problem, didn't mean to intrude.

Message 10 of 28 (40,688 Views)