Re: Mermaid random changes

by BlackjackWidow

Original Post

Mermaid random changes

★ Novice

I have just started playing my game and this happed. She is completely changed. Everything was fine last night but this morning it isn't. I've tired going n changing outfits but she looks like she should. I don't have any mods and the game says its updated. I've tried restarting the game and it still happens.

Any suggestions? 

Message 1 of 4 (259 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

Hi @jasmineboot - Do you have any cc installed? Outdated mods or cc can cause these issues, even if you removed them after a problem started.

I suggest you try to repair your game -

• Exit TS4 and Origin completely.
      • Save a copy of your Saves folder to your desktop (or somewhere else safe, to use as a backup)
      • Move your Mods folder to the desktop
      • Delete the file localthumbcache.package Default location is C:\[YourUserName]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4  Instructions with pictures are here: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
      • Launch Origin "As Administrator" (Right-click Origin.exe, choose Compatibility tab, Check the box next to "Run this program as administrator")
      • In Origin, right-click The Sims 4 icon and choose "Repair". Origin has to be online for this to complete. Let the repair run until completed, on the game and any addons installed
      • Launch The Sims 4 and check to see if the issue is fixed. (your sims may be naked or bald, depending on the mods or cc that was installed previously)

If the issue is fixed after the repair, then you have one or more outdated mods or cc. This will take a bit of detective work; one at a time, copy your mods back to the mods folder, then open the game and verify everything is working. If you have a lot of mods or cc, use the 50% method. Once you've identified the culprit(s), check with the creators to see if updated versions are available.

Message 2 of 4 (220 Views)

★ Novice

Hi  

Nope no mods or cc or anything .I keep checking for updates n it's says am all up to date  

However the more I played the game the less it seemed to change  So am thinking maybe it's just a glitch  

Thanks for your help 

Jaz 😊

Message 3 of 4 (211 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@jasmineboot - Try repairing the game anyway, even if you don't have any mods or cc. (instructions in my previous post) Sometimes glitchy things get stuck for some reason, and clearing the thumbnailcache.package file and repairing the game will give you a clean start. I don't use any mods or cc, but regularly do the game repair just to keep things "clean".

Message 4 of 4 (191 Views)