Married Sims can't pass Lover status(iE become Soulmates)

by Nocard87

Original Post

Married Sims can't pass Lover status(iE become Soulmates)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I got  the following issue with my married sims

Both my Sims are Married and BFFs and have 100% Romance and Friendship, and are yet still stuck at "Lovers" 
Neither traveling, nor the testingcheat-menu "Clear Marriage", followed by a new marriage seems to change anything in regards to the issue and they continue to be stuck at lovers.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but a quick Google search revealed that sims being unable to become soulmates have been an issue before. Sadly the last known way to fix it, was using a command which apparently got removed (relationship.destroy). That being said I tried the command anyway and it didn't work Frown

Is there another way to fix this?

Thanks in advance.    

Edit: maybe some additional information: 

Soulmates worked fine for me in the past and the current couple's relationship started a bit more than 1 Sim year (4 seasons a 28 days) ago. They married on a public avenue and I own all the expansions + game packs as well as luxury party, laundry day, and vintage glamour. One of them is a pre-made sim from the BFF household while the other was made in CAS

Message 1 of 3 (1,333 Views)

Re: Married Sims can't pass Lover status(iE become Soulmates)

Hero
I do remember that bug and I don't think there was any other workaround at the time.

Are you playing on PC or Console ?

For PC, if you're not opposed to mods, you can try TwistedMexis AllCheatFix and then the cheat should work again so you can try if that workaround still works.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (1,295 Views)

Re: Married Sims can't pass Lover status(iE become Soulmates)

★ Novice

I’m on console and I am having the same issue. Her parents had the soulmate status but her sister couldn’t get it either. At that time I assumed it was because of their conflicting traits(good/evil). However the sim I’m playing now and her husband can’t get the soulmate status and they don’t have any conflicting traits like the first couple. I’m trying not to use cheats so I can’t just use a cheat to bypass the Soulmate aspiration 

Message 3 of 3 (1,208 Views)