Re: Marriage to a ghost prevents a new one even after he disappears forever

by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Marriage to a ghost prevents a new one even after he disappears forever

★★ Novice

A husband of my Sim unexpectedly died of laughter (what a drag). I just made them and I needed him to progress his Mischief skill quickly, didn't even notice the event, just got surprised when he vanished from my bar, so there was nothing I could do and resetting to the last save would mean losing a lot of progress, sadly. So I let it be.

He came back as a ghost and I was so happy, I added him to family, so he could live with them again. They managed to have a little girl right before his death, so I needed a father (and someone to help make money for the family). After a bit I realized they're no longer married - weird. So they got married again.

And that's the issue. After a while of being utterly annoying with his playful mode (from dying of laughter - wasn't there when I decided to add him to family, appeared after a game restart), unable to focus or get inspired to continue progressing his skills and getting further in his work, I decided it was time that he left them. The daughter was about to age into a teenager, so she was fine, and the mother got into publishing books and started to make nice money. So I had him return to.. whatever, Neverworld or something. He disappeared and so did his urn.

Now when the mother met another guy and fell in love, she can't marry him. The good old "Marrying a Sim in your employ would be inappropriate." error shows up when I try eloping. They're engaged, a child on its way, and she's still married to a ghost.

Tried clearing marriages about 20 times, even tried restoring it before that. Tried deleting relationship cheat. Tried restarting the game. Lots of cheats never worked for me, but right now it's mighty annoying, because my Sim can't move on. If I knew that would happen, I would've had them divorced before he left...

Any ideas at all, please? I guess I could reset the whole household somehow, but the teenage daughter worked hard on her skills and traits and the mother is a writer and a great cook - I don't want to lose all that progress...

Thanks for any tips you might have.

Message 1 of 3 (609 Views)

Accepted Solution

Your best bet on getting this fixed would probably be installing the MCCC mod and clearing all relationships. I'd suggest saving your game right before doing so, so you can go back if needed. If you really want to be safe, make a back up: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/backups/
What JP is saying is correct, that is the bug report that belongs with what you're experiencing, only the workaround wouldn't work for you. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (588 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

It is probably related to this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Can-t-get-married-because-Sim-works-for-me/m-p/6443...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 3 (597 Views)

Your best bet on getting this fixed would probably be installing the MCCC mod and clearing all relationships. I'd suggest saving your game right before doing so, so you can go back if needed. If you really want to be safe, make a back up: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/backups/
What JP is saying is correct, that is the bug report that belongs with what you're experiencing, only the workaround wouldn't work for you. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 3 of 3 (589 Views)