Many bugs

by jeope

Original Post

Many bugs

★★★★ Novice

I am getting pretty fed up with all the of bugs in Sims 4. I have had more severe issues it seems since installing Island Living. I have had sims freeze and  unable to travel which I managed to solve by deleting the floor. In one case a sim was supposed to be moving house but he could still access his old one, the screen was still of his house and had not switched to the house of the sim he was moving in with. I did not save and went back in and moved her in instead and that worked. My latest issue is with sims seeming to teleport  back then forward when given a command if they have already started doing something and cancelling commands. I reset Origin and repaired the game : no difference. I tried disabling sim autonomy both for that specific sim and in general: no difference. I did notice that if my sims traveled somewhere they appeared to act normal and when sent back home might perform a command or two before starting to cancel again. 

Message 1 of 3 (290 Views)

Re: Many bugs

★★★★ Novice

I experimented and created a new sim went back to  play the old sim same thing. I travel somewhere commands obeyed, came home gave a few commands no problem then started to cancel commands again the commands obeyed were to do with things downstairs the upstairs ones were cancelled.

Message 2 of 3 (283 Views)

Re: Many bugs

★★★★★ Novice

Do you have any mods for your game? I've had similar problems before when using outdated mods, sims would stand in place repeatedly cancelling everything in their interaction queue, but only at home. The teleporting problem you have seems to be relatively common with other players as well and seems to be just a bug in the game that has to do with sims that collect things (collecting a bunch of dishes to wash or picking up multiple piles of garbage to throw away).

Message 3 of 3 (243 Views)