Re: Manage worlds wont let me continue and play the household.

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Manage worlds wont let me continue and play the household.

★ Novice

I don’t understand this, but since yesterday 5/25/20 my game won’t let me play the sim household. So I’ll load the game up and after I get through all the main screen stuff. It loads me to willows creek, and I have a household at willows creek, so I tend to play them often. But some reason when I click on them, the photo of the household won’t show up. And the little tab that brings up the name of the household and sims is glitching blue and has the circle loading screen. But I when try and press the button to play the household and it won’t let me at all. I’m confused how do I fix this? I also had cc when this started happening. But I’ve taken them off, and I’ve also repaired the game, deleted it, and I’ve updated it at least 2-3 times each. I’m confused please help. 

Message 1 of 4 (3,300 Views)
Highlighted

@panicder  Is this what you see?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/MOD-RELATED-Sims-disappeared-from-household-Blue-flash...

If so, your existing save is borked and can't be fixed.  But you can load a backup instead.  Please first repair the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  Then use the manual method to recover a backup save:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/

This issue is usually caused by mods, so you may want to go through your mods, update the ones that need it, and get rid of anything broken.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (3,255 Views)

★ Novice

Hello, thank you. Sorry for me taking so long to get back to you I’ve been working the past two days. So what you’re telling me I need to load a new game instead of playing on my old one? And yes it’s the blue thing on the map. I just want to clarify before I do so. Because I’m fine with starting a new world, I just didn’t know if that’s all I needed to do. And what’s the best way to get rid of broken mods? Because I can’t seem to figure out how to do so. 

Message 3 of 4 (3,217 Views)

@panicder  I'm not saying you definitely have to ditch your save entirely, just that you might.  The first step is to try loading the automatic backups, with no mods present, to see whether any of them still work.  If one does, then you might only lose a sim-day or two of time rather than having to start from scratch.

In your position, what I would do is test the backups in a clean folder.  Move your entire Sims 4 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, load the game to the Main Menu to create a clean folder, and quit.  Use the manual method of restoring a backup in Crinrict's guide (as in, rename the backup saves so they can be read), then copy one of those saves to the clean folder and see whether it loads.  Use Copy and Paste instead of dragging and dropping so you can experiment and still have spare copies left over.  If one backup doesn't load, try another instead.

Once you find a backup that works, use the 50/50 method to test your mods.  Move half of them to the new folder, load the save, play for a couple minutes, use "save as" to rename the save, quit, load the new save you created with "save as," and see whether it still works.  If it does, those mods are fine, or at least they're probably fine, and you can test half the others in the same way.  If you get the blue flashing square issue again, that batch contains at least one corrupt mod; split it in half and test again.  In this way, you can quickly sort through a large pile of mods in a few tests.  But be sure to test all the mods at some point, in case you have more than one that isn't working.

If you only have a few mods, it might be easier to skip the 50/50 method and download updated versions from the creators.  Or you might want to wait a few days for the new patch to come out, since a lot of mods will be broken (due to the new features being introduced), and you'll need to sort through your mods all over again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (3,200 Views)