Re: Make a Sim

by Psychotps

Original Post

Make a Sim

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, Get famous, Jungle living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? At the beginning of the game when you have to make a sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I enable my mods and press play to make a sim at the beginning of the game all I see is a silhouette of what is suppose to be a sim and the options that are suppose to be there for creating a sim, aren't.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see a sim, Character trait options, clothing options.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hopefully you can see the file I attached and my issue.

Message 1 of 4 (264 Views)

★★ Guide

I frequently saw this issue with mods I used to run in game while the mods were out of date due to a recent patch. It would be advisable to ensure all are up to date with the current patch. If it's still occurring, try removing mods and testing to see if it an issue on a vanilla game.

Message 2 of 4 (237 Views)

Hero
@marrij0913 If you see this only with Mods installed, then you have an incompatible mod and you need to find it.

Moving this to tech as mod issues are the responsibility of the creators of the mod and not Maxis.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (217 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@marrij0913 The silhouette is normal.The lack of the UI isn't. I agree with @crinrict. You have a mod conflicting. You'll need to go through them all and figure out which one.
Message 4 of 4 (195 Views)