Major Lagging in Sims 4

by HiddenShadows798

Original Post

Major Lagging in Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

I would post this in another thread if I could find anyone with this problem that didn’t have it fixed by something that did work for me.

I’ve been running Sims 4 on my laptop for a few years and it’s always been very slow, to the point of freezing for multiple minutes and taking about 20 minutes just to save and exit.

I have tried removing my cc, putting the game in laptop mode, lowering the graphics, putting it in 32bit, fixing my screen resolution, fixing the game, and EVEN starting with a refreshed windows.

nothing is working for me and it doesn’t matter whether I’m playing just the base game or the expansions, whether in a small lot with one sim or a large lot with 8. The issues stay relatively the same. I have tried starting with a fresh install as well so I know it’s not an issue of a corrupted save.

If anyone can help me out here, I would gladly accept the help.

note: My specs are fine. I have 4GB of ram and you don’t even need that much. I have the latest video driver for my laptop as well.

Message 1 of 2 (234 Views)

Dot.: Major Lagging in Sims 4

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@HiddenShadows798 

Probable reasons:

1.Cause - mods
If you have any mods
Move the mods folder to the desktop.
Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder
Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder. Check if a game is working now without mods.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method

2. Cause - connection with internet
Disconnect your internet completely and try without this.

3. Cause - problems with the computer (The computer does not meet the requirements of the game, failure Windows updates. week graphic card, outdated graphics card drivers, software failures, the ventilation system is dirty and the computer overheats when it is working hard)
Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?
To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the txt file to your post directly in option "Reply" - not Quick Reply

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 2 (214 Views)