Main Menu and CAS bug

by SanqaSoc96

Original Post

Main Menu and CAS bug

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? From expansion packs everything except Get Famous From game ad stuff packs only Realm of Magic, Parenthood and Kids Room Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no clue, since I don't know why it keeps happening with me.
What happens when the bug occurs? 1. At the main menu, only ''New Game'' and the play button work. ''Load game'' button is there, however I can't click on it.  2. When I enter CAS,  many swatches, scrolling and clicking on some items doesn't work. Exactly like at the Main Menu with the ''load game''. The items and swatches are there, but I can't click on most of them. (I have removed all the cc as well)
What do you expect to see? I should be able to click on the load game button. I should be able to click on all the items in the CAS and their swatches
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I installed The Sims 4 on a different computer and right away I started having problems.(I didn't have them before)

I tried reinstalling it, however it didn't work. 

Message 1 of 4 (277 Views)

Re: Main Menu and CAS bug

Hero

Hi @SanqaSoc96 

moving this to tech for troubleshooting

This is often caused by overlays that prevent certain sections to be clickable.

These can be

Try turning these off if you use them

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (262 Views)

★ Novice

I have tried everything but it still won't work. The weirdest part is that I never had it before but now it suddenly happened. 

Message 3 of 4 (192 Views)

Hero

Couldyou tried a clean boot ?

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

If it works in that mode, then it's a background program interfering and you will need to find out which one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (172 Views)