Re: Magnolia Promenade is Unplayable

by Sashas0nic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Magnolia Promenade is Unplayable

★★★ Newbie

Hello. I have had the Sims 4 "Get to Work" for a few months now. I have been able to play in other worlds as the new careers and everything works fine. What does NOT work, however, is Magnolia Promenade. It is available on my screen, and when I click it there is no error message that pops up. There is the world, with three buildings that look like normal design, one empty lot, and one lot that is just a grey square. There is no housing or livable option available and it looks as if the game did not finish loading. 

This is what I have ALREADY tried:

1. I have made sure I own both Sims 4 and Sims 4 "Get to Work."

2. I have already went on Origin and clicked to "repair game."

3. I have uninstalled the Sims 4 and re-installed the Sims 4. 

4. I have taken out custom content and previous save files ("The Sims 4" game folder) and moved it to my desktop to try starting fresh.

5. I have contacted EA for help. They referred me to their technical department, which then said that this was an in-game issue and that I should post on here for help from a developer standpoint. 

** When I search my device specs, my processor and RAM (which is 8 gigs) info are unavailable, but I am running a 64 bit OS and everything else in game works for me - including my numerous amounts of other expansion packs and stuff packs. Its literally just this one issue.

If anyone could help me with this frustrating issue it would be much obliged. 

Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 2 (3,483 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @cpeachio3 

Just thought I'd check as you don't include pix or what you feel 'It should look like', because by 'no housing or living option' not sure

Magnolia Promenade is meant to look how you described; ie: it has that number of lots, yes.. similar to a Destination World, Magnolia Promenade is a Get To Work, ie: Retail (suburb.. I'd rather call it..) when you click on the grey square (what happens?)

• you should then be able to go into build mode(?) or the moving household in button?

Magnolia Promenade.jpg

So to be sure, could you perhaps include a screenshot? And more information.

Hope this helps,

Sasha

nb: If this solves your question, please mark the reply as having been the solution, so as to help others with a similar problem in the future. Standard smile
I have no connection to EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (3,652 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @cpeachio3 

Just thought I'd check as you don't include pix or what you feel 'It should look like', because by 'no housing or living option' not sure

Magnolia Promenade is meant to look how you described; ie: it has that number of lots, yes.. similar to a Destination World, Magnolia Promenade is a Get To Work, ie: Retail (suburb.. I'd rather call it..) when you click on the grey square (what happens?)

• you should then be able to go into build mode(?) or the moving household in button?

Magnolia Promenade.jpg

So to be sure, could you perhaps include a screenshot? And more information.

Hope this helps,

Sasha

nb: If this solves your question, please mark the reply as having been the solution, so as to help others with a similar problem in the future. Standard smile
I have no connection to EA

Message 2 of 2 (3,653 Views)