[Mac] Sims 3 Generations Issue

by kimba65

Original Post

[Mac] Sims 3 Generations Issue

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I recently purchased the Sims 3 Expansion bundle containing Generations and World Adventures. I have previously downloaded Sims 3 University, so that's my newest EP. World Adventures downloaded, installed, appears in the launcher, and is working in game. Generations, however, downloaded and installed, but is not appearing in the launcher nor working in game. I've tried various uninstall tricks posted online, but none of them seem to be working. Is there anyway to reinstall just Generations or otherwise get it to show up in launcher? It's also not showing up in the sims 3 uninstaller. 

Message 1 of 4 (146 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Generations Issue

Hero

What's your operating system ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (120 Views)

★ Novice

Mac OS X Version 10.7.5. I'm all up to date with updates and patches and such. 

Message 3 of 4 (116 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Sometimes the download or installation fails. This can be for a variety of factors, including your internet connection dropping out during the download. Sometimes this can result in an awkward situation in which Origin acts as though the game is installed correctly. This means you can’t play the game, but nor will Origin let you re-download it. You cannot easily “uninstall” the game, because of course it isn’t there.

First thing to do is to go into Applications on your Mac and look in the folder called “The Sims 3”. This is the location from which your game actually launches (as opposed to a similarly named folder within Documents, which is where your saves and other data are stored). In the folder in Applications you will see the shortcut icons for the base game as well as any expansions or stuff packs installed. If you can see the icon for the game that has failed to properly download from Origin, try right clicking on it and this should give you the option to show the original file. You can move the original files to the trash from there. This may allow you to commence a re-download from Origin. (Many thanks go to Tremayne from TS3 Mac forum for this suggestion.)

If this does not work, or if the icon is missing from the “The Sims 3” folder in Applications, then you may need to completely uninstall and reinstall.

Message 4 of 4 (90 Views)