Mouse Wheel Not Working To Rotate Screen

by LinneaRB

Original Post

Highlighted

Mouse Wheel Not Working To Rotate Screen

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So I've had this problem for a little while that sometimes in the middle of playing I can't rotate the screen with the mouse wheel. I used to be able to fix it by turning the sims 3 camera off and then on again. But this time it didn't work, so I'm stuck with either sims 4 camera which I can't stand, or not being able to rotate the screen with the mouse wheel and I don't know any other way than those buttons at the camera on the top. But those only go sideways and it's really annoying having too click them everytime. Has anyone had this problem and know how to fix it. It's not my mouse that's the problem because it works on everything else.

thank you for readig and hopefully taking your time trying to help me Standard smile

Edit By Crinrict: Removed all-caps from title 

Message 1 of 5 (4,456 Views)

Re: MOUSE WHEEL NOT WORKING TO ROTATE SCREEN

★ Novice

I am having this issue right now. I was building and all of a sudden, my ability to rotate with the mouse wheel just stopped. Out of nowhere. I have turned off TS3 camera and put it back on many times. I have closed and reopened my game many times. It still won't work. I need help please. <3

Message 2 of 5 (4,338 Views)

@demievanssims  Does the mouse wheel work in other contexts outside the game?  Does it help if you switch among fullscreen, windowed fullscreen, and windowed modes in-game?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 5 (4,329 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you for your response!

The mouse wheel works outside the game, I have even gone into the mouse settings in the Control Panel and adjusted the one option I found for the wheel, it didn't help.

I tried switching between the different window modes in game and I still can't rotate.

Message 4 of 5 (4,313 Views)

@demievanssims  Try uninstalling the device driver and letting Windows download a new one.  Hit Windows key-X and select Device Manager, expand the "Mice and other pointing devices" category, click on the entry, and then click Uninstall at the top.  Windows should find you a new driver.

If that doesn't help, is there another mouse you could test with, at least temporarily?  It would be worth seeing whether the issue is your specific mouse or something about your system.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (4,273 Views)