Re: [MODS ISSUE] CC Not loading!

by Galaxies23

Original Post

[MODS ISSUE] CC Not loading!

★★ Novice

So I followed every step that you're supposed to take to make the mods work. I left the Resource.CFG in the folder and didn’t alter it in any way. I pasted all my mods into the folder. Then i grouped them in folders *which i don’t think that that’s the issue because they didn’t work ungrouped either* and all of them are .PACKAGE files. What should I do  to get my CC to work and load?

Message 1 of 10 (470 Views)

@Galaxies23  What's the full file path to the Mods folder in your screenshot?  What game version do you have?  Please load the game to the Main Menu (where you see the mods and cc pop-up) and look in the bottom right corner of the screen.  Please list the entire version, i.e. 1.xx.xx.xxxx.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 10 (447 Views)

★★ Novice

Solid C; *whatever the symbols are*  > Documents > EA > Sims 4 > Mods *and then i have sub folders for Greenllama's Coven set, BooBish, and Marsosims*

Sims 4 PC downloaded VIA Steam a week or two ago.

I appreciate your help!

Message 3 of 10 (443 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

NVM! NVM! I GOT MINE FIXED I JUST NEEDED TO DELETE THE DOUBLE OF MY FILE! IF ANYONE NEEDS HELP I CAN TRY AND LEND A HAND! CANNOT WAIT TO PLAY WITH MY NEW CC!

Message 4 of 10 (442 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I updated my game with the new skin tones update, and every time I enable my mods and close the game, they still are not in the game.

Message 5 of 10 (420 Views)

★★ Novice
@luciferdacat321 If you left your mods in when it updated i've heard it can break the mods, i'd say remove the mods from the folder *Store them on the desktop for a minute* and go onto origin and hit repair game for the sims 4. Then add ur mods back and see if that helps?
Message 6 of 10 (417 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I will try that thank you.

Message 7 of 10 (415 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@Galaxies23It still did not work, I put the mods in desktop like you said, repaired  the game still nothing, got any other ideas?

Message 8 of 10 (407 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Galaxies23

Everyone says it will break CC/Mods, but I've NEVER removed them in years of playing since Sims 4 first came out and it NEVER corrupted any of them.

It's a myth.

Now, updates may cause mods to no longer work, and need updating, but it will NOT corrupt mods.

For example:

I created a mod that alters the gardening systems to make plants spawn in ALL seasons.  If EA releases an update that changes the gardening systems, my mod may no longer work properly and I'll need to update my mod to work with the new gardening changes.

However, If the update makes NO changes to the gardening systems, my mod will still work fine and leaving it in the MODS folder will NOT break my mod.

Message 9 of 10 (380 Views)

Hero
@luciferdacat321 You most likely have this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Anti-Virus-blocking-User-Folder-Screensh...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (367 Views)