[MODS/CC RELATED] New Sim Profile/Sentiment Panel not working

by abcQ9Sh53QaL4R

Original Post

Re: New Sim Profile/Sentiment Panel not working

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Hello guys,

i have a similar issue with my game, but i'm not able to see the option 'Show profile' at all. The funny thing is when i select a dog in my family, then the option is there. 🐶

I removed all of the custom traits in my mods-folder but nothing has changed. I updated some of the script mods and am still looking for the culpit. Any idea which mod it could be? I have MCCC, [snip, removed names of NSFW mods] (all updated so far) some of KawaiiStacies and LittleMsSam, Lumpinou, Arnies Brookheights 0.41 and some smaller mods. What about aspirations?

I would appreciate every little hint.

Message 21 of 61 (3,466 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Aku970 Remove them ALL. Then test it and see if it works. If it works, you have a BAD MOD.

Don't pick and choose. Remove ALL OF THEM and test. It's the only way to be sure.
Message 22 of 61 (3,436 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Psychotps I already did remove them all and the game works just fine, so my problem is really to find this bad mod. I guess i will try the 50/50 method and add them one by one back after that. Thank you for your help.
Message 23 of 61 (3,406 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Aku970 Well, at least you know it's one of them. Problem is, figuring out which one. The 50/50 method will figure it out, just takes time.

You can check here and see if any of your mods are listed there. Luthien keeps a darn good record of which mods are broken for each patch.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/983508/broken-updated-mods-cc-snowy-escape-nov-2020#late...
Message 24 of 61 (3,399 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Psychotps I have a 'gigantic' mods folder, so yeah...it's going to take a while.
Thank you very much for the link, i will check it out right now. 👍🏻
Message 25 of 61 (3,391 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Maybe this can be of some help, so for me it was Brookheights BETA 0.41 by Arnie. The rest of my mods is working just fine.

Hopefully there will be an update soon. Happy simming!

Message 26 of 61 (3,361 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Aku970 There are a LOT of mods on Luthien's list, would be a VERY good idea to go through them all and see which ones you have are updated. Some might still break things but may not be too obvious.

I always keep an eye on that thread to see which ones are updated.
Message 27 of 61 (3,355 Views)

Sentiments and Sim profile not showing up in game

★★★ Newbie

I recently just downloaded snowy escape and nifty knitting into the game, and updated it to the latest version, but there seems to be a huge problem. I became aware that we got Sims profiles and Sediments into the game. but each time I enter my game, there is none. I Updated my game around 50 times, tried to repair the game, I even disabled my mods, but still no Profiles and Sediments. It is really making me angry because I feel like I have been trying everything. I play on Pc so I get all the updates and packs when they first come out. There are only two packs I don't have which one is the free guitar and the other is welcome to Batuu. I don't know if that has anything to do with it though. But the weirdest thing is if I go into the options and pick lessons, I'm able to find a tutorial on sediments. Is there something that I did wrong? why isn't it in my game?

Message 28 of 61 (3,365 Views)

Re: [MODS/CC RELATED] New Sim Profile/Sentiment Panel not working

@animefreak1103  I've merged your post with the master thread on this issue.  Please read the posts on page one for more information.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 29 of 61 (3,348 Views)

Re: [MODS/CC RELATED] New Sim Profile/Sentiment Panel not working

★★★ Novice

I have tried the recommended option of removing the Marriage Mod but that does nothing. Disabled all scripts and mods. Profile works ok. Activated mods but left scripts disabled profile erratic. When loading the game cold and first going into a household the profile works for a few times. It then half works and finally gives up the ghost. Quit to main menu load a household profiles do not work.

There is obviously some game mechanic that takes time to activate. I attach two screen shots showing a full and partial profile both taken with a minute of each other. the next attempt at getting a profile failed.

Message 30 of 61 (3,199 Views)