Original Post

Accepted Solution

[MODS/CC RELATED] New Sim Profile/Sentiment Panel not working

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to open the sim profile/sentiment panel in relationships
What happens when the bug occurs? The new sim profile/sentiments panel will only open once and will not show earned sentiments.
What do you expect to see? To see all information about sims and earned sentiments
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. When I updated to the new patch for Snowy Escape.

Basically, when you start up the game, you can open the sim profile but after that you cannot. When you open it it shows no sim information or sentiments when it has told me it's they've collected sentiments. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 61 (65,792 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: New Sim Profile/Sentiment Panel not working

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@abcQ9Sh53QaL4R

The panel appears mostly blank?  It will open once, maybe twice, after that it will completely refuse to open? Even exiting to the main menu and loading a new save, it will still refuse to open? Only completely closing the game and re-loading, it'll do the same thing?

Same thing happened to me.

This will happen if you have any Trait mods. All trait mods were broken with this latest patch. Mine did the exact same thing until I removed them all.

Make sure to remove ALL trait mods and clear the game's cache files. It should work properly again. It did in mine.

View in thread

Message 2 of 61 (65,730 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@abcQ9Sh53QaL4R

The panel appears mostly blank?  It will open once, maybe twice, after that it will completely refuse to open? Even exiting to the main menu and loading a new save, it will still refuse to open? Only completely closing the game and re-loading, it'll do the same thing?

Same thing happened to me.

This will happen if you have any Trait mods. All trait mods were broken with this latest patch. Mine did the exact same thing until I removed them all.

Make sure to remove ALL trait mods and clear the game's cache files. It should work properly again. It did in mine.

Message 2 of 61 (65,731 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Oh wow I didn't even think of that! I'll do that right now. Thank you! 

Message 3 of 61 (65,721 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@abcQ9Sh53QaL4R No problem! I knew about this because I had the exact same problem as I said, I had two trait mods, All Traits in CAS and SanMyshuno: Become Human, both are basically trait mods. Once I removed them both, everything worked properly.

I just fixed mine this morning.
Message 4 of 61 (65,704 Views)

I can't open Sim Profile

★★★ Apprentice

So i just installed the update and I cant open my Sims profile? When I click the button nothing happens. I have tried removing my mods and it works but I don't know what mod is causing it. I looked at the broken mods forum and I already deleted the mods that were on that list but still doesn't do anything. I will do the 50/50 method but I want to know what might be causing this. Traits? Script Mods? It will definitely help if I found what kind of mod was causing it

Message 5 of 61 (65,503 Views)

Re: I can't open Sim Profile

Hero
@PinkiPlayz101 Merged your post. See solution post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 61 (65,495 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah, no. No it isn't. I don't have any trait mods, none of my mods are on the list of broken mods, so I'm confused as to why the sentiment system isn't working. I did what you suggested and it still isn't working.

Message 7 of 61 (65,185 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 61 (65,172 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@themessalina Just 'cause they're not on the "list", doesn't mean they aren't broken. And just because a mod isn't listed as a "trait" mod, doesn't mean it doesn't use custom traits.

You'll just have to go through all your mods, remove them until it work again and you find out which mod is the problem.
Message 9 of 61 (65,041 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I will try this on mine but I don't think that's my issue. I can't find the sim profiles at all.

I only replied on this one as I am hoping that the trait mods that I have are the issue and following what you have said will work.

Message 10 of 61 (64,393 Views)