Re: New Sim Profile/Sentiment Panel not working

by wallisdj

Original Post

★★ Novice

Does that mean we can't use custom traits anymore, or do we just have to redownload them?

Message 31 of 61 (2,693 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@HydraVenus Custom traits will work, they just all need to be updated for the patch. So, yes... that means you'll need to re-download them... as soon as they're updated.
Message 32 of 61 (2,683 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Profile Not Working/Responding

I have Sims 4 loaded on two different computers. Both have identical mod folders. Computer A has a great deal more tray files than Computer B.

Computer A is a Win 10 machine.

Computer B is a Win 8 machine.

Computer A started malfunctioning only a couple hours ago. Otherwise, all was fine. Tried again. Worked for two different sims. When activated with a third sim, only a name and a blank screen. When activated with a fourth sim, nothing worked.

Computer B had no malfunction. I went through the entire family of 8 persons. The profile worked every single time.

Ran RegHunter to find any anomalies. Normal stuff.

Repaired game on Computer B. Profile worked until the sixth Sim in the family of six.

Computer A: Family 1 has six persons. The profile works until the sixth member, a high schooler is selected. Family 2 has two active adults. Profile worked fine with several of their acquaintances. Family 3 has four members. First two Sims, no problem. Third Sim: problem. Family 4 has three Sims, but the Profile does not work. Thus, once it does not work for one Sim, Profile is “dead” for the entire game.

Removed the entire Tray file from Computer A and replaced it with the entire Tray file from Computer B. This was to determine if any recently downloaded Sims were causing problems.  Computer A has 9,081 files; Computer B has 5,270 files.

There was no affected change. The Profile stopped working when the high schooler from Family 1 tried to open the Profile on two new NPC Sims he had just met.

Opened Family 5 (4 persons). Profile worked well. Returned to Family 1. I ran a Profile on every Sim in his Relationship folder except for the two newly introduced NPCs. However, I used the Grandfather to open a Profile on one of the NPCs, and it worked. However, when I returned to the high schooler, clicking on the same NPC as the Grandfather, the Profile malfunctioned.

I can only conclude that there is some kind of glitch with the high schooler.

BTW, I removed LittleMsSam’s Abortion and Miscarriage mods from Computer A but not from Computer B. I don’t believe LittleMsSam’s mods in this case are causing the problem.

Message 33 of 61 (2,644 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Psychotps Thank you for this! I was beside myself trying to figure out what was causing it.
Message 34 of 61 (2,587 Views)

'Open Sim Profile' not working

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Journey to Batuu and Nifty Knitting
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to open a sim profile
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I try to click to open a sim profile, a couple different things can happen but none of them are 'show me the full profile'. If it's a sim that's on the same lot as me, it just says their age(did it with my sim's boyfriend, who she definitely knows more about, and it should show their relationship too), and if it's with one my sim has met but isn't on the lot, it doesn't open the profile at all, but starts playing the music that would play if it WAS open, and won't go away unless I close the game completely and start again. Has happened twice so far.
What do you expect to see? To see the full sim profile
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Whenever I try to click to open a sim profile, a couple different things can happen but none of them are 'show me the full profile'. If it's a sim that's on the same lot as me, it just says their age(did it with my sim's boyfriend, who she definitely knows more about, and it should show their relationship too), and if it's with one my sim has met but isn't on the lot, it doesn't open the profile at all, but starts playing the music that would play if it WAS open, and won't go away unless I close the game completely and start again. Has happened twice so far.

Message 35 of 61 (2,302 Views)

Re: 'Open Sim Profile' not working

★ Novice
@lovelybasic Its a mods issue. something about if you have a mod that gives custom traits, it wont open. I had the same issue, removed mods, and was able to bring up the profiles after.
Message 36 of 61 (2,291 Views)

Re: 'Open Sim Profile' not working

★★★ Newbie
@sarahregalado88 yeah mine worked after removing them too Frown wish it worked with mods though.
Message 37 of 61 (2,287 Views)

Re: I can't open Sim Profile

★ Novice

Do you think you could tell me how to find the broken mods forum, I'm not sure how to get it...Disappointed

Message 38 of 61 (2,126 Views)

Re: I can't open Sim Profile

★★★★ Expert
@D13D_TRY1NG I posted a link on the previous page.
Message 39 of 61 (2,104 Views)

Re: [MODS/CC RELATED] New Sim Profile/Sentiment Panel not working

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I started having this issue after installing Snowy Escape today. The Sims profile for Sentiments won't show up, but the BB/CAS music will start playing.

I currently am trying to figure out which mod is causing the issues, it's not Basemental or MC Command Center. I have to test Wonderful Whims and some Sacrificial mods.  I don't have any LittleMisSam mods or TwistedMexi mods.

*I edited this post because I was quite annoyed with this bug and may have expressed it rudely in this post, sorry!

Message 40 of 61 (1,936 Views)