by satinswan

Original Post

Re: I can't open Sim Profile

★ Novice
@dawn71599 for me currently is triplis's child and teen traits mod
Message 51 of 61 (1,653 Views)

Re: [MODS/CC RELATED] New Sim Profile/Sentiment Panel not working

★ Novice
@abcQ9Sh53QaL4R I've had this problem as well and I know it's from some of my trait mods but I'm not sure which ones? Does anyone have a list of broken trait mods? Thanks
Message 52 of 61 (1,648 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Olivia_Rose009
Well, look at it like this... If the trait mod you have is older than the patch... It's broken.
Message 53 of 61 (1,621 Views)

★★★ Novice
I've had this happen from time to time. If I close the game, turn Origin to offline mode, then restart the game and play in offline mode, it doesn't happen. It's weird.
Message 54 of 61 (1,582 Views)

Re: New Sim Profile/Sentiment Panel not working

★★ Novice

I am having this issue, removed all mods, and repaired game, still having this issue.

Message 55 of 61 (1,343 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I am having this issue and have never had mods. I repaired the game and still have problems with the profiles being completely broken. When I click on a known sim the profile either doesn't open and the loading screen music plays leaving me to play the sims as normal without any popup or the popup comes with just the traits and nothing else. Sometimes the popup will happen sometimes it won't but the traits are the only thing on it when it does happen. Again, I have never had any mods in this game and repaired it twice.

I went in offline mode like another player suggested and the profiles work fine when offline. I guess for now I can switch to online when I need to use the gallery and then back offline. But its still a huge issue.

Message 56 of 61 (1,321 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have been having this issue as well. All of my mods are up to date and I don't have any mods that people on here are suggesting that are the cause of the problem. I did what some people are suggesting to do and that is to go offline.

It worked. So I'm led to believe it's, once again, a bug. For me, there is no other explanation. Though I'm sure it will never be fixed, because let's face it, it won't.

Message 57 of 61 (1,302 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This just started happening to me after the latest update. Nothing happens when I click ‘open profile’ in the relationship panel and all I hear is loading music. It was working fine when I started the game about two hours ago then all of a sudden it stopped working.

The only mod I have is MCCC. I will try remove it and see what happens.

Message 58 of 61 (1,286 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here. I've been having the issue for months. All of my mods are updated, only have four of them. I've taken all my mods out, done a clean install and started a new save. The profile will open for me just once and then after a few minutes of game play, it no longer opens. I've tried it with multiple families, different saves, it's the same thing.

I recently tried offline mode and it did the same thing. The profile opened once and then it wouldn't open again.

I'm not really sure why this happens. After Snow Escape the sentiments profile worked perfectly for me. It didn't stop working for me until a few patches ago.

As stated I have no trait mods of any kind and even with a new save with no mods, the profiles stop working.

I hope it'll get fixed in a patch at some point but idk if enough people have this issue or if I'm just unlucky. 

Message 59 of 61 (1,272 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem. I moved the Sims4 folder out of the game folder, repaired the game, started the "new game" (without mods, cc, options, saves ...) with a new family and within 2 minutes I could not open the Sim Profiles anymore. 

Message 60 of 61 (1,237 Views)