by nyhila

Original Post

Re: DU dorms broken????

★ Novice

sorry, it is the allow stoves in dorms mod. if you delete that it works again

Message 21 of 44 (2,621 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@essiewaggel This isn't true. I do not have this mod and am not using an cc and it is stating the requirements regards of my lot type are ?/0 meaning I can't have anything of the things it actually would require in game. I didn't even notice until I got almost completely through remodeling a dorm and I'm extremely upset I wasted the past few hours only to have to delete everything before I can save...
Message 22 of 44 (2,476 Views)

Hero
@EpicSammitch Are you using any other mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 44 (2,455 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Of course I'm using mods lol but I have 0 desire or time to go through every one of them and try to find out what the glitch is. It's ridiculous how horrid this game functions to begin with. Before I had a single mod I had to reset sims and animals at least 3 times an hour because they are coded so poorly. I really wish EA would concentrate on improving instead of just revenue for the sake of revenue. 

It's not the allow stoves mod, and I didn't use a single CC item so there should be no reason this occurred.

Message 24 of 44 (2,403 Views)

Re: [MOD RELATED] Uni Dorm requirements not checking off

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I'm another one it's happening to.

I don't have the allow stoves mod. I removed my beds mod. It's still happening.

(It is a mod, though, that's stopping me. I can edit dorms if I take my mods folder out.)

It's obvious that the community wants to be able to edit dorms if we choose to. It's obvious we want to be able to use mods if we choose to.

This is a single-player game. It doesn't hurt or affect anyone else if we break the "rules".

Why enforce the "rules"?

Message 25 of 44 (2,365 Views)

Hero
@Seshete You are totally allowed to use mods but you need to make sure that they match the patch level you're on or the game will have issues.

Use this method to find out which mod is causing it for you: https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 44 (2,358 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I found the mod that causes the problem for me. Yes, it was a mod that allows stoves - it came as part of a bundle of mods and I'd not thought to check that bundle. Could have saved myself a lot of time if I had.

Ah well. That's life. Hakuna Matata.

As for my rather angry rant: I apologise for the tone. And for the fact that it didn't convey what I wanted it to.

So. Take 2.

I love the flexibility this game usually has. Want to have a male character who can be pregnant? Sure! Want a mage to attack an alien? No problem. Want to control every action your character makes? Easy. Want to set up a situation and then have the characters deal with it while you're completely hands-off? Go right ahead.

But if I want to change the rules of dorm living to allow them to cook properly, I can't.

Why on earth not?

(PS: Culinary Arts is a degree. How are they supposed to practice?)

Message 27 of 44 (2,314 Views)

Hero
@Seshete I can't answer that question but it might be an idea to post this as feedback in the General Discussion and Feedback forum.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 44 (2,299 Views)

★★ Novice
@Seshete Hey, I'm having the same issue on Darkwing house lot. Are you able to let me know the creator of the mod package you're talking about?*

*My build is not using CC. All my mods retain the PG 13 rating, so I'm wondering if one of the gameplay mods I have has allows stoves embedded. I didn't think I had any mods that allowed stoves, as in game they are not an option.

I went through and updated all my objects and gameplay mods. I weeded out anything to do with ovens / stoves, beds, showers and toilets from my Mods folder. Same problem. You know how you can click the requirement and the build catalogue auto-sorts to that item? I get "No results found" every time.

I moved my mods folder out completely and started the game without it. Same issue.

In fact, the many lot types have their requirements set to 0.
Message 29 of 44 (2,243 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
@nyhila So, to clarify, this issue is occurring without Mods or CC.
Message 30 of 44 (2,170 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help