Re: Incomplete Lots - University Student Housing

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Uni Housing Bug

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

yes, i updated it and its all good and back to normal.

thanks for the great help, but yeah i updated that mod and it fine now i only use cc in my game so every update its like please don't break all my cc lol

[CM - merged multiple posts together]

Message 11 of 44 (12,770 Views)

Incomplete Lots - University Student Housing

★★★★ Novice

I guess I made the mistake of editing the lots in student housing. Now I keep getting the incomplete lot icon. After my sim finished their semester, it wont let me select the student housing to move back into. After digging around, I noticed that it was saying " 8/0 Beds" After deleting the 8 beds the color switched from red to green, as in the lot is not longer incomplete. Does anyone have a work around to this?

I went back to a past save. This was before the editing of the dorms. Everything is good now but I'm still curious what the issue was.

I just finished my semester and now I cant move back into the dorm I was at. Looking at worldview. Its showing incomplete even though I didn't edit anything this time.

Message 12 of 44 (12,821 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@SSJTupac Are you using the allowstoves mod ? That seems to cause the issue.

Check for an update if you have that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 44 (12,811 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Fully updated.
Message 14 of 44 (12,807 Views)

Hero
@SSJTupac Maybe it's not working then with the current patch. Try what happens if you remove it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 44 (12,805 Views)

(Current Issue)University Housing: Drake Hall bugged, set as business??

★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest Update. not sure the version number
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all expansions and all stuff packs save for My First Pet and Tiny Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have tried a variety of things to fix this and have no idea what to do now. I have tried searching for the sim in my world that could have purchased Drake Hall and have not been able to find one. I have tried figuring out myself how the Drake Hall became set as a Business even when it says its lot type is University Housing
What happens when the bug occurs? I logged into my Sims currently at University of Britchester and saw a , exclamation point so I opened build and buy mode after doing bb.enablefreebuild and it showed that there were 4/0 toilets even though the toilets were present, and it said 4/0 showers and 16/0 beds. then when I deleted the toilets so that I could replace them in hopes that they would register, it showed that the university housing was owned and that there were 0 funds in the business account thus I could nor replace the toilets. so now my Drake Hall says its owned, and has 1 toilet cannot be replaced because every time I try it says insufficient funds. I also checked both of my Sims currently residing in Drake Hall and it says that neither of them own a business so this is very confusing and interrupting my live play. I also had to restart without saving because one of my Sims tern was up and when it asked me whether I wanted to enroll in another term and I said yes when it came up with options where to move to Drake Hall was not an option because it is reading as incomplete
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to go into free build and move things or add things to help accommodate my sims without coming back on next time I log in and have the University housing be set to business when its not supposed to be had sever and not registering that it has toilets and showers and such. I really need this fixed I have a LOT of sims in this lets play and have had several go through University at Drake Hall with absolutely NO issues like this
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I cant seem to get screen shots of this issue but I will continue to try

Message 16 of 44 (12,772 Views)

Re: (Current Issue)University Housing: Drake Hall bugged, set as business??

[ Edited ]
Hero

@twilightpaws  I see you have mods and cc.  The university housing venue is really picky about what cc you can use in it and all kinds of weird things are being reported that are associated with cc the venue doesn't like.  If you have any cc beds, change them out for game beds.  None of my cc beds seem to work in that venue but still work fine in my residential lots.  Another mod that has been causing problems is the allstoves mod, so you should pull that until you update it.  I may have the name wrong but it's the mod that lets you put in stoves, grills and cauldrons.  I think it has been updated but I don't use it so I don't know if it has or not.

Message 17 of 44 (12,753 Views)

Re: (Current Issue)University Housing: Drake Hall bugged, set as business??

Hero
@twilightpaws I merged this with the current thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 44 (12,731 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict So I tried playing today and everything was fine. I have no idea what I did. I guess we can mark this off as closed or solved. Thanks.
Message 19 of 44 (12,723 Views)

Re: DU dorms broken????

★ Novice

it is! I deleted it and it worked again. Thanks!

Message 20 of 44 (12,711 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help