Original Post

Accepted Solution

[MOD RELATED] Uni Dorm requirements not checking off

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Most recent
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Mochino Stuff, Realm of magic and Island Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to Britechester, click on any unoccupied dorm room. Click to build on dorm. Once in build mode check dorm requirements and it does not allow beds, toilets or showers in the dorm. When you exit build mode it says are you sure because your building is not complete if you have placed beds, showers and toilets
What happens when the bug occurs? If beds, showers and toilets are placed on any dorm lot (like they should be) log requirements turns red. Indicating an issue
What do you expect to see? Being able to place beds, showers and toilets on uni dorm lots. Cause my sim gotta poop and sleep
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The Jan 16th 2020 patch

DU dorms broken 

Message 1 of 44 (19,385 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: DU dorms broken????

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

It's the Allow Stoves mod!

View in thread

Message 4 of 44 (19,287 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Guide
@smensforth : Are you using CC items? CC Beds and dorms don't mix unless they're updated (either by the original author, or manually by yourself with Sims 4 Studio).

CC Showers also need updating, but if they haven't been updated by the original authors, this can be accomplished yourself (and far more easily than beds!) with Sims 4 Studio's batch fix for it.

This is the first I've heard about toilets, though.
Message 2 of 44 (19,343 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Looks like there's a problem with one or more of your mods. Dorm requirements are working fine in my unmodded game.

Message 3 of 44 (19,319 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

It's the Allow Stoves mod!

Message 4 of 44 (19,288 Views)

Uni Housing Bug

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expect some stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? University Housing.
What happens when the bug occurs? Build and Buy Requirments.
What do you expect to see? University accommodation saying incompleted and doesn't has the required items even tho it says like 9/0 beds but its red, if it is mod can someone help me if they had the same problem
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. New Patch

University Housing Bug

Message 5 of 44 (19,305 Views)

Re: Uni Housing Bug

Hero

@jamieseevee  I play on the PC but have seen something like this with a dorm I built.  One thing that University Housing venue type does not seem to like at all it seems are cc beds so if you are using them, take them out and use game beds.  The devs changed all game beds by adding a options so you can upgrade them and to assign sims to a specific bed any older cc beds may or may not work.  For me, I use a lot of cc beds and they still work fine in a regular residential lot but none that I tried worked for a dorm.  Caused all kinds of problems until I removed them all from the dorm.  Once I put the game beds back in, everything works fine. 

How the beds are counted is also a little screwy since it seems to be different from how beds get counted (or used to get counted) in residential lots.  When I built my dorm, I just added a full floor and created 4 bedrooms on the new floor and put in double beds and the bed count went up by 4 to 14.  But after saving and exiting the game, when I went back in the next day to finish the build, the bed count was at 18 and it remains there so it looks like it counts a double bed as 2.  Probably because of the option to assign sims to each side of those beds is my guess.  

I still have a count issue on the trash chutes.  I put two on my new floor and deleted one on the original floor and relocated the other because of where I ended up putting the stairs since the game won't let you put in 2 elevators.   Anyway, the game still says I have 4 trash chutes and I tried everything I know to find the extra one.  That may be because of how I went about adding the extra floor.  But I just don't know.  It hasn't affected game play so far so I'm not going to worry about it.

Hope this helps you.

Message 6 of 44 (19,294 Views)

★★★ Novice

thank you, it was all working before the update I will try it now but it's doing for toilets and showers too and I don't use cc for those only cc beds. 

Message 7 of 44 (19,262 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is what it looks like.

Message 8 of 44 (19,258 Views)

Hero
@jamieseevee Are you using the allowstoves mod ?

Merged this with another thread on this issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 44 (19,238 Views)

Hero

@jamieseevee  All I can say about the game showers and toilets is they are working fine for me so you may have something else wrong.  The stove mod that @crinrict mentioned is a likely candidate.  Or it could be some other CC item too other than showers or toilets.  That particular venue type seems to very picky about what mods and CC you can use in it so it could be almost anything.  In my build, other than the CC beds and some artwork, I didn't use any other CC.  All the CC beds are now out of it because of the problems they gave me.

I did think of one thing you can try though.  Try changing the lot venue type to residential and then back again to university housing.  That should get it to reset the university housing requirements panel because it will force the game to make a new count.  If it doesn't work the first time, try again by changing it to residential, exit the lot and then reenter the lot and change it back to university housing.  You could go as far as saving and exiting the game, restarting the game and going into the lot but that probably won't make much if any of a difference.  If it doesn't work the first time, it probably won't at all.  I don't know if it will work but just in case, before you try, you might want to make a copy of your save and put it somewhere safe before giving it a try.  It shouldn't give you any problems, but sometimes with this game, you never know.  Better safe than sorry.

Message 10 of 44 (19,211 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help