MOD RELATED] Sims disappeared from household/Blue flashing square on map

by ZBright88

Original Post

Re: [PLEASE READ] Information/Questions about the bug forum

Hero
@mlfoxx2017 Moved your post over to the thread on that.

This is usually caused by mods. Please read information on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 161 of 236 (1,254 Views)

game error .. please help asap!

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? the most recent one
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansions except for eco, parenthood, dine out, vampires, and movie hangout
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? maybe its just my game but go on to any world and try to play a family.
What happens when the bug occurs? i cannot play the game. i click on a house on the map and theres a flashing blue box where the family should be. i click play and nothing happens.
What do you expect to see? my house and family load so i can play
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. it was after the june 2020 update.

ive never seen or heard of this bug and havent been able to play my game in so longFrown

Message 162 of 236 (1,250 Views)

Re: game error .. please help asap!

Hero
@sammmyisnotonfir I merged your post with the master thread on this. Please see first post for more information.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 163 of 236 (1,217 Views)

MOD RELATED] Sims disappeared from household/Blue flashing square on map

★ Novice

Hello. I’ve recently had this problem for the longest and I decided I’ve wanted to help. Everything that I have found on this topic has never worked for me. I even took out all my mods for it. What I did was....

- Took out all my mods

- Launched the game

- If you still see the blue square on the map, what you will do is EVICT THE HOUSEHOLD

- To make sure it works, PLACE a random household and PLAY

- If it works then , that is what you will have to start doing .

Message 164 of 236 (768 Views)

Cant play households

★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base Game, Expansions - Get to work, City living, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Get famous, Discover university. No game packs or stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I load up any of my households, I cant get passed the map. When I hover over my sim's house or any other townie's homes it has a blue glitchy box. When I click the house it doesnt let me press the arrow/play button and the cirlces with the household's faces in them dont appear in the bottom left corner. I've tried everything from repairing my game twice, updating it and doing to the 50/50 method to the point i've got all my cc and script mods uninstalled and still the same issue. This is clearly not a fault due to mods as now I have none in my game but the same thing keeps re-occuring.
What do you expect to see? A fix so that I can continue to play my households.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 165 of 236 (1,150 Views)

Re: Cant play households

Hero
@barbiedrippinn I merged your post with the master thread on this.

Please see first post for more information.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 166 of 236 (1,135 Views)

Re: Cant play households

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict thank you Standard smile
Message 167 of 236 (1,121 Views)

Sims 4 households not showing and cant click play!

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? snowy escape, eco lifestyle, university, Island living, get famous, seasons, pets, city living, get together, get to work, journey to batuu, realm of magic, strangerville, jungle adventure, parenthood, vampires, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat, nifty knitting, tiny living stuff pack, moschino, first pet stuff, laundry day, spooky stuff, kitchen stuff, perfect patio stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? not really sure how to answer this?
What happens when the bug occurs? The game loads fine as normal, go to click on household I get a green flashing square where I should see my household when I click on it, I click on manage households and it doesn't show any sims, the names are still there, I click to edit household and it takes me to a new create a sim. It wont let me play any household. Before this happened when I click on sim phone it wont open for any household. Wont allow me to give toddler a bath, will pick toddler up and put back down again. Sim children wont go to school it just comes up that they are missing school and still get the phone call from the head teacher. Haven't tried teen sims. I have tried repairing game many times, saving multiple back ups, I've tried changing the graphic settings and disabling mods and it doesn't help. Frown
What do you expect to see? When I click on sim household I expect to see my household and be able to click play. When I click on manage household I expect to see all my sims not just the names and not to go to create a new sim. When I click on the sim phone I expect to have the menu pop up. When I give toddler bat, I expect to lift toddler up and give them a bath. When the morning comes I expect to see the children go to school automatically.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. after I installed snowy escape (not straight after) also after I deleted mods using sims tray importer

Sim households not appearing, just the names, cant click play. Manage households all blank with just names showing. Clicking on edit household takes me to create a new sim.

Message 168 of 236 (991 Views)

Re: Sims 4 households not showing and cant click play!

Hero
@DegDegSim Merged your post with the master thread on this issue

Find all info in the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 169 of 236 (977 Views)

Re: Sims 4 households not showing and cant click play!

★★ Novice

Sorry I’m so new to this where do I find information about it and is there a solution for this ? 

Message 170 of 236 (962 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help