[MOD RELATED] Sims disappeared from household/Blue flashing square on map

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Error code

Hero
@MakThePrince Meaningful Stories is def causing this. The other mod coul be, always been my top suspicion but who knows . Since I can't list it anyways, it doesn't matter too much though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 51 of 236 (5,241 Views)

Discovery University Household Glitch

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them, including University, except for Island Living, Moschino Stuff and Relm of Magic.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I open the game and try to go into any household, in all of the worlds but the University one, there is a blue box with a flashing loading symbol in the space where it should have a picture of the family.
What happens when the bug occurs? You cannot play any household except for the ones premade by the Sims in the University world.
What do you expect to see? The bug gets fixed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After I installed the Sims 4 University.

I cannot get into my household, therefore I cannot play. However, you can get into the University world and play the university characters. When I go into the University household and hover over a household and then go back into any other world besides university, it fills all of the households with those specific characters from the household that I was previously hovering over.  

Message 52 of 236 (5,242 Views)

Re: Discovery University Household Glitch

Hero
@cary404 I merged your post with the master thread on this.

This issue is caused by an outdated mod and if you saved your game with them in, then it will be borked and you need to go back to a backup. It's the only option.

If you haven't saved then you should be fine removing the mod and loading the game again

See first page for more info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 53 of 236 (5,227 Views)

i need help, nothing is working

★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Get Famous, City Living, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Bowling Night Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure, it just happens every time I load the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't get into any lots whatsoever. Every time I hover over one of the family's, it just shows a flashing blue square. I tried moving a sim into one of the Britechester houses and it immediately took me back to the screen where all the different world options are. This has only been happening since I purchased Discover University. I don't know what to do.
What do you expect to see? Normal gameplay without all the glitching. I should be able to get into the lots.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I've tried removing my mods, but it still happens even then

I've attached photos below 

Message 54 of 236 (5,219 Views)

Re: i need help, nothing is working

★ Novice
@lyncthewicked Similar issues are happening to me with discover university
Message 55 of 236 (5,206 Views)

Hero
@lyncthewicked I merged your post with the master thread on this.

Find all information on it on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 56 of 236 (5,203 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thank you!

Message 57 of 236 (5,186 Views)

Re: Gameplay Bug

★ Novice

Removed meaningful stories & am still experiencing the issue. when i click on the family to move them in, it tells me that i can't because it is empty

Message 58 of 236 (5,191 Views)

Re: Gameplay Bug

Hero
@bfssweetie If you saved you're game that way, the save is broken. You need to load a backup.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 59 of 236 (5,148 Views)

Re: [MOD RELATED] Sims disappeared from household/Blue flashing square on map

★★★ Novice

Hi I am new here too but have the One household blinking blue in San Myshuno. I already tried removing all mods but it did nothing. Recovering an earlier save does not work either since it the latest I can get to is on the 15th and the same problem appears in them too.
Usually the household is blinking blue, but sometimes it gets replaced with an npc sim and sometimes even a duplicate of an npc already living in San MyShuno but in another apartment.
I do use cc content and mods, including MCCC and one <adult mod> . I updated both of these earlier today, trying to fix the bug.

Platform: PC
How often does the bug occur? All the time but it sort of varies?
What is your current game version number? Sims 4 Latest Update (updated today trying to fix things)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Seasons, City Living, Realm of Magic, Vampires, Toddler stuff, vintage glamour stuff, cool kitchen stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? log in with the Saved Games 1 file, try to play San Myshuno in the Landgraab Apartments, the household in the front.
What happens when the bug occurs? The household in the front is blinking blue, although sometimes it is replaced by an npc sim despite the filling of lots being off? If I try to get another sim to travel to the lot they can not knock on the door. If I go to the lot in editing mode, I see that some of the last furniture changes havent happened. (I remodelled the upstairs and that doesnt show up) 
What do you expect to see? A household of 4 sims.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes. cc and 2 mods of which one is an <adult mod>
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I noticed it today. I play sims often but the last time (on the 15th) I did not play with this household that disappeared due to being busy making new households. I usually play with the disappeared household though so the day before I would have played with it.

blinkyboi.PNG

Oh and as of now (I went back to take that pic just a second ago) I accidentally saved while exiting so RIP.

There seems to be no real fix for this problem though(?), so in my case I'll most likely end up remaking this family since I do have the starting verison of it in my library and will only be losing 1 sim and all the progress. 

Message 60 of 236 (5,134 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help