[MOD RELATED] Sims disappeared from household/Blue flashing square on map

by crinrict

Original Post

PC - I cannot play my last played household anymore/Error code 111:41812468:5028

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except: Eco Lifestyle, Star Wars, Dream Home Decorator, Nifty Knitting, Paranormal or any of the kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Load up game 2. Press the "Play" button in main screen 3. Try to play the last household you've played with and notice that you are not given the option to do so OR 1. Load up game 2. Press the "Play" button in main screen 3. Select any playable household and press "Play" 4. Try to travel with a household member to your previous last played household 5. See Error code 111:41812468:50287f13
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't play my last played household or go there with a different sim. I also can't bring the sim to any other household as he seems to not exist anymore. The lot is a University dorm and I can't access build mode from Manage Worlds for it either. Sometimes the loading icon shows up instead of the household picture when I hover over it, with a blue square glitching over it (screenshot) and other times random households appear in the preview but I can't access those either.
What do you expect to see? Well, I expect to see my household (sim) and be able to play with him as it is his las course at Uni and I have big plans for his future. ^_^
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Things I've tried doing:

- reload the game multiple times (exit without saving and play again from Origin or from the desktop icon)

- removing all mods and loading the game

- adding back mods and load the game

- repair function from Origin

- deleting localthumbcache file

- pretty much every solution or suggestion posted here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Household-in-certain-lot-won-t-load-error-after-update...

and here

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/What-is-error-code-111-41812468-a9f97ad8/td-p/8092599/...

sims glitch.png

Thank you in advance for anyone able to help me! <3

Message 221 of 236 (1,033 Views)

Re: PC - I cannot play my last played household anymore/Error code 111:41812468:

Hero
@Sophiesticat16 Merged your post with the main thread on blue squares

Unfortunately if you saved your game like this, it's corrupted and you'll need to load a backup.

Please see first page for more info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 222 of 236 (1,159 Views)

Re: PC - I cannot play my last played household anymore/Error code 111:41812468:

★★★ Novice

Thank you so much for replying and for merging threads. I will try to load a backup after I purge my mods. 

Hope you have a great day, Crin!

Message 223 of 236 (1,135 Views)

Why is my sim missing

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, free holiday pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? -
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim is missing
What do you expect to see? My sim and she should be playable
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My sim had 3 children and they all grew up and went their separate ways. I had two sons and a daughter and whilst my daughter was at uni, I spent some time looking after my sons and their families. Yesterday, I went to go play in my daughter's household again but she was gone…

Her sim is missing and she doesn’t show up in her household lot anymore. I tried checking the family tree and she’s been completely removed from there as well. I went to her husband's household and he doesn’t have her in the relationships bar either.

I tried the resetSim cheat but it just tells me ‘sim not found’. Every sim that she had some sort of relationship to/with has absolutely no memory of her.

I tried reloading past saves but all the ones I have access to are from after she went missing and not before.

I've always had custom content and the issue has only recently occurred. Tried uninstalling them and nothing has changed

Message 224 of 236 (1,205 Views)

Re: Why is my sim missing

Hero
@DiarraHoyte Did you have her in my households ? Are you using MCCC ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 225 of 236 (1,193 Views)

★ Novice

I’ve been trying to find her in my households but it shows up blank, without her sim there but with the household name. I don’t use mccc either

Message 226 of 236 (1,187 Views)

★★★★ Expert

How old was she? I’m worried that she might have died and been culled.  ☹️ I don’t think unplayed Sims die of anything other than old age.

Message 227 of 236 (1,175 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@DiarraHoyte Do you have any blue blinking squares when you hover over the household where she's supposed to live on the map ? Do you have a backup of your save you could test without mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 228 of 236 (1,171 Views)

★ Novice

Yes! There were blue blinking squares over where her picture should be on her household lot. I tried to see if moving any other sims into the household would help load her in but nothing worked. I’m not sure if I have any other saves to test without mods but I’ve tried removing the mods and nothing worked 

Message 229 of 236 (1,144 Views)

★ Novice

I thought the same but she was a young adult in uni! She’s completely gone, not on the family tree and no other sim has any memory/relationship with her anymore 

Message 230 of 236 (1,142 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help