Blue flashing

by xo_Riss_x

Original Post

Re: Flashing blue square and loading circle and other issues

[ Edited ]
Champion

@kawaiillamababyLike you already noticed this is a mod related problem.
I advice you to take out your entire mod folder and move it to (for instance) your desktop. You also should delete your localthumbcache.package file from the '\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4' folder. The game will make a new one as soon as you start again.

Now for the most laborious bit:
Use the 50/50 method to replace your mods. I.e. replace 50% of the mods back into the game and test if everything works alright on a fresh (vanilla) game.

If so store these mods in a folder you name good mods or something like that. Best store them outside the game folder.

Repeat the proces with again 50% of the affected mods on your desktop and so on and so on, until you can pinpoint the culprit (outdated or broken) mod.

Check with the creator of this mod if there is a newer version available. If not than delete it completely.

Good luck.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 131 of 236 (1,275 Views)

Hero
@kawaiillamababy Merged your post with the master thread on this issue.

You can find all info about it on the first page of this thread.

Unfortunately, if you saved your game with the broken mods in, all you can do is load a backup.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 132 of 236 (1,259 Views)

Help with Sims 4 Legacy Edition?

★★★ Novice

So the game has been having problems now, but it worked completely fine before yesterday. When I tried to travel or enter build mode, it literally stoped working, stopped the game and showed a notification about how if windows finds a solution for why it stopped working it will tell me and closed the game. I deleted all of my mods and cc because I thought that was the problem, but even without it the game is still acting weird, now doesn't even show ANY of my families. I looked in the gallery and they don't show up either or the houses I built and saved. Can someone please help me? I would really appreciate it I don't want to lose my progress or families Frown

Message 133 of 236 (1,243 Views)

Re: Help with Sims 4 Legacy Edition?

Hero
@dvvv5 This issue is caused by outdated mods but unfortunately, if you save your game in that state, saves get permanently broken.

All you can do is load a backup.

Merged your post with the Master thread on this so pleased see first post for more details.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 134 of 236 (1,205 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict no way omg thank you so so much, i really appreciate your help. do you know if there's a way to at least get some of my families back? i don't have a backup Frown (I'll backup from now on tho lmao)
Message 135 of 236 (1,169 Views)

Hero
@dvvv5 The game makes automatic backups. Are they all affected ?

All the families that aren't empty in the household manager can be saved to library. The ones that are empty have been deleted from the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 136 of 236 (1,145 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This is what is happening to me! I just made a post in another topic before I opened this thread. I am getting the blue flashing boxes too. I ran a scan of my CC and mods and took out a couple of things but it hadn't helped. I don't know how to do a backup so I haven't done that. I've also read about taking out the thumbnail chace. Would that help at all?

Message 137 of 236 (1,103 Views)

Hero
@discoduck227 If you saved your game while it's broken, it's stays broken.

Did you follow instructions on the first page on how to load one of the automatic backups ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 138 of 236 (1,077 Views)

Blue flashing

★★★ Newbie

I select a household to play with and their icon flashes blue with a loading circle as shown in the picture. I hit the play button and nothing happens. I thought it might be my cc so I took it all out, but I kept having the same issue. I also repaired the game and reset my computer and I’m still having the same issues. I'm very frustrated with the fact that I deleted my whole save file thinking that it’d work and it still doesn’t. I don’t wanna delete my cc too that’s taken me almost a year to collect. 

Message 139 of 236 (1,073 Views)

Re: Blue flashing

Hero
@xo_Riss_x I merged your post with the master thread on this issue.

Please read the first post for more information

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 140 of 236 (1,032 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help