Re: My Played Household Suddenly Gone Missing

by Trykmi

Original Post

Re: [MOD RELATED] Sims disappeared from household/Blue flashing square on map

★★ Apprentice

This is happened with me too. Recently I downloaded the latest patch for TS4 University (patch of this week, 1.58.69) and when I started to play with my two students that I created to study in Britechester suddenly both of them disappeared, it's as if Thanos had snapped the Infinity Gauntlet and purged them of my game (LoL). Never of this happened with me, it's my first time. I use mods (MC Comand Center, Adult Mod, UI Extra Cheats, LittlemsSam's mods, Sacrificial Mods and others). I was wondering what happened! I'm very worried about this, I already tried to restore my Save but the family is still empty with the game trying to reload it. I didn't update my mods after this patch because I thought it wasn't necessary yet. I'll try to delete my Electronic Arts folder and try to load my saves without mods to see what happens.

Message 101 of 236 (1,583 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Can you try and remove LMS Sam mods as a first thing? The only time I managed to manually reproduce this problem was when I had only left the folder with her mods inside along with a couple of mods I don't keep separate. But it's so random that I can't tell for sure that the problem lies in one of those mods, because the second time I tried to reproduce the problem with the exact same mods I had no results.

Message 102 of 236 (1,579 Views)

★ Novice
@XXMythLuan I basically gave up on getting my sim back. She was vanished from her family as if she never existed. I played the first term with her brother yesterday but haven’t checked to see if he made it out alive. I did delete all my mods and downloaded updated ones where I thought the problem could lay, though I’d never had any problems with them before this, so I guess we’ll see if that did it..
Message 103 of 236 (1,669 Views)

★ Apprentice

Inside the corrupt save i found the player sims data, so it looks like they are just moved away/erased from the household into "limbo" when the error occurs.

The household keeps money, reward data and name, other data is wiped. Sim data itself is still in the game with all trait info, appearance etc. Probably could even restore the household by adding the missing data back into the save. (haven't tested this one and don't know if i have the time nor is this necessary even.)

Anyway, the error happens with household/sim data.

Mod "LittleMsSam_LiveInBusiness" could be one reason (haven't tested),since it adds new lot traits that can be used to make money and affect household/lot. (which this error heavily points being the cause, however, i have not yet used these at all in my lot. But since the error points to many different interactions/tunings that this mod adds, this could be at least one of the reasons the household wipe happens.)

about occurrence when i was testing this problem:

The problem occurred to me when one sim (global superstar with easy street perk) came home from work. This was the first time i saw this issue. (may not be money related but definately household data related) This one happened randomly and not always when the sim returned from work.

Then it happened when i loaded one of my nightclub lots via manage worlds (error could be caused by lot traits) in a save without this issue yet, happened randomly in mornings (all sims were still home and not working). Happened also when in club gathering in library venue with one of my 3 sims.

Message 104 of 236 (1,650 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

LittleMsSam_LiveInBusiness I don't have it, and I'm experiencing this problem. But I do suspect one of her mods because she never changes the group ID in the new resources she creates as Maxis suggest to do to avoid conflict with Maxis content.

It happens in the morning for me too, or rarely around 5 pm sim time, 10 pm sim time... probably something that runs on a clock.

Message 105 of 236 (1,642 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I got solve my problem in update 1.58.69 for TS4. I updated all my script mods and I restored my save for a point before the problem happens. Works perfectly and my two students come back to their household.

Message 106 of 236 (1,613 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

For me, closing the account, taking out the bank mod, play without it for a bit and putting it back seems to have solved the issue, without other changes made.

Message 107 of 236 (1,595 Views)

★ Apprentice

Last evening updated my game to 1.58.69 and it seems to have fixed this one, all saves work fine now. I'll just blame previous patch and/or aliens on this one.

Some of the LE's didn't even make much sense so i guess it was just the game having trouble loading all stuff properly.

If someone still has issues, i suggest to take all tuning/script/custom trait mods out of mods folder and updating them/removing if not confirmed working and deleting localthumbcache.package

Load save with issues and save it as new one, then quit game and put new updated mods back in and play. This should fix this issue.

Message 108 of 236 (1,580 Views)

MISSING FAMILY BUT THEIR THUMBNAIL IS THERE AND BLANK

★ Novice

I have tried to search for solutions regarding my issue, but nothing seems to relate to it or nothing has helped fix it. I was playing a family of three for a while and autosaved a couple times along the way. I saved and quit to the menu then came back to continue playing the same family but found that when i hovered over their apartment, the household thumbnail was glitching blue and it would not allow me to play the household. The info panel in the bottom left corner wasn't displaying any of those household members also. This is only happening to this family! When i go into Manage Households, there is a blank thumbnail of that family (i've attached a photo) and when i edit the family none of the members appear; a randomly generated sim appears. I also cannot evict or move the household. I played as a sim that was friends with that family and all of them have disappeared from the relationship panel as if they never existed. 

[I DO USE MODS] I have restarted my PC. I have  removed my mods folders and deleted the localthumbcache.package and repaired the game via origin and checked but this is still happening. I have also checked previous saves but this issue is still present in those saves. I have put some screenshots below to help give an idea on this issue. The blue glitch doesn't happen anymore, instead it displays a random household in the thumbnail. So in the screenshot, the two male sims aren't the household that is missing (if that makes sense??)

I hope this all makes sense! Please help!

Message 109 of 236 (1,599 Views)

Re: MISSING FAMILY BUT THEIR THUMBNAIL IS THERE AND BLANK

Hero (Retired)
@Jlucht28

- There is a possibility you have saved this household during some celebrated holidays. In this case, switch to another hausehold and wait three sim's days

- However, maybe you have used some outdated CC objects in this household. The same applies to outdated CC used in CAS.
To eliminate this possibility move your mods folder to the desktop, and delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. Delete also all folders with the word "cache" in the name.
Fix the game in Origin
right-click on TS4 select the option "repair game"
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder and check if the game is working now properly without mods
If it will work check if there are new updated versions of the mods and CC you are using. Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods one by one every time checking if the game is OK.
Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method. divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)

I don't work for EA
Message 110 of 236 (1,565 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help