Re: My Played Household Suddenly Gone Missing

by Trykmi

Original Post

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict No, after having the issue I immediately exit the game. When I jump back into the game, it's already broken. It only affected mine.
Message 91 of 236 (1,407 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@JKK_Xtreme Hey, it actually work. Thanks a lot, dude. This is one freaky bug.
Message 92 of 236 (1,399 Views)

Hero
@Ekariski This is caused by outdated mods and not a bug. It's important that you update your mods before playing with them.

I'm merging this with the master thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 93 of 236 (1,509 Views)

Lost my sim

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything besides Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you have a sim in a dorm in university
What happens when the bug occurs? I enrolled my sim into college and send her to live in dorms, played with her until her first term was over then saved and quit. I come in the game now and I can’t click on her. Her face is gone in the manage household tab and if I want to edit her I get a warning she will be removed if I continue
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to play as that sim, continuing where I left her
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Please help

Message 94 of 236 (1,506 Views)

Re: Lost my sim

Hero
@lotte-huizing I merged your post with the master thread on this.

Please exit the game without saving, then remove your incompatible mods (see first page) and try again.

Always make sure your cc/mods matches the current patch level. Either update stuff that's not compatible or remove it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 95 of 236 (1,496 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict I just took all my mods out though and it still happened. Also I just played in her family home where her parents and brother still are and she isn’t even in the family’s genealogy anymore.
Message 96 of 236 (1,491 Views)

Hero
@lotte-huizing Did you save your game while having the mods in ? If so, you'll need to load a backup.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 97 of 236 (1,474 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict I saved the game when I was still playing with that sim, but when I logged back in I didn’t. But once I removed the mods the sim was still gone.
Message 98 of 236 (1,465 Views)

Hero
@lotte-huizing Try if you have a working backup

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 99 of 236 (1,461 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictI managed to track down NOT the mod causing it in my game but the moment this problem is happening... I had a mod to make the royalties be given only Friday, it was not causing the problem, but it was masking it. the problem in my game happens when a Sim that's supposed to get the royalties is in the household, the moment the royalties are meant to be given, an LE is generated by the game that among other things, tells me that the error happens when it tries to _update_cached_home_lot_value and run a Simoleon Test. Now the LE mentions a Mod, but it doesn't seem to be the problem. I managed to make a save just before the Error once I found out the time it was happening, took out all mods and verified that the error was not happening, then quit without save and put the mods back one folder at time, each time verifying if the error was going to happen at the same time, but even this way, I couldn't reproduce it even though I put back exactly the same mods I had when the error was generated.

- Some more finding:

the LE doesn't happen right away on loading the household.

the LE is happening for me only on one family of the 2 I'm playing right now. Now, one of the sims inside the household was in the other household before, and I though I fixed the issue by removing mods in the other one, while in fact I had solved the issue by removing the Sim.

the LE happens always on adding/removing founds from the household.

now what that sim has different from the other sims in both the household was a career and a bank account. He doesn't have a career anymore since he got fired, I now tried to close the bank account and remove the mod (that's the one in the LE) to see if something changes.

removing the mod makes the LE disappear but not the problem.

noextramoneyonpromotion_v2 by Bienchen has absolutely nothing to do with this problem in my game, apparently.

Alright, so when the LE happens, the problem already occurred... the bank mod gets caught in, but I think it fails to update that thing about money because the household is already gone. The problem may not have to do with money at all.

Message 100 of 236 (1,439 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help