Re: Error code

by MakThePrince

Original Post

Hero
@xosimplygrace You say you don't have any backups but when you look at that saves folder (the content), do you have any with .ver0 to .ver4 ? Those are automatic backups and the link I gave you describes how you can recover them.

If you do, make sure you have the updated mods back in your mods folder, turn mods/script mods on and try with the recovered files.

Do make sure to make a copy of your user folder and copy that to the desktop beforehand.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 236 (1,523 Views)

Re: Gameplay Bug

Hero
@bfssweetie Did you test without mods/cc installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 236 (1,632 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict OMG!! i recovered my save and it worked!! so maybe my original save was corrupt, could i delete that one and play my recovered save file?
Message 43 of 236 (1,612 Views)

Hero
@xosimplygrace You totally can. It's probably not as far, you'll loose some progress but better than nothing, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 44 of 236 (1,597 Views)

★ Novice

yes they ask you that when you are reporting the bug, if that was the case i wouldn't have made this post

Message 45 of 236 (1,585 Views)

Hero
@bfssweetie Are you sure you didn't start a new save by accident ? Or do you mean you when trying to load the family you're booted back to the map ? If so, did you get any error messages ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 46 of 236 (1,581 Views)

★ Novice

nope i hit the play button to load the family & i even click load on the family and i get no error message

Message 47 of 236 (1,568 Views)

Re: Save file deletes all households after reloading

★★★★★ Novice

Hello @crinrict,

I believe I have identified the problem to be perhaps several outdated mods, following the new Sims patch made this week. I can recover files to restore the culled sims, but until I identify the problem content, they will remain unplayable.

While I'm not sure why sims are getting culled, I think I can confidently identify the problem as mods conflicting with the new patch. I am currently running a lengthy 50/50 test to try and figure out the problem content. I suggest this for anyone else in this thread as well.

I will PM you info as well.

Message 48 of 236 (1,570 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict,

I have identified my glitch cause of an outdated version of Meaningful Stories and perhaps an outdated version of a certain mod. I know, however, that this may not be the case with other users, but I can provide no further suspicions. I wish you best of luck.

Message 49 of 236 (1,553 Views)

Hero
@bfssweetie To be sure, this is not your issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/INFO-REQUEST-Sims-disappeared-from-household-Blue-flas... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 50 of 236 (1,517 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help