Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Error code

by MakThePrince

Original Post

Highlighted

Hero
@xosimplygrace You say you don't have any backups but when you look at that saves folder (the content), do you have any with .ver0 to .ver4 ? Those are automatic backups and the link I gave you describes how you can recover them.

If you do, make sure you have the updated mods back in your mods folder, turn mods/script mods on and try with the recovered files.

Do make sure to make a copy of your user folder and copy that to the desktop beforehand.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 166 (493 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Gameplay Bug

Hero
@bfssweetie Did you test without mods/cc installed ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 166 (602 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
@crinrict OMG!! i recovered my save and it worked!! so maybe my original save was corrupt, could i delete that one and play my recovered save file?
Message 43 of 166 (582 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@xosimplygrace You totally can. It's probably not as far, you'll loose some progress but better than nothing, right ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 44 of 166 (567 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

yes they ask you that when you are reporting the bug, if that was the case i wouldn't have made this post

Message 45 of 166 (555 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@bfssweetie Are you sure you didn't start a new save by accident ? Or do you mean you when trying to load the family you're booted back to the map ? If so, did you get any error messages ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 46 of 166 (551 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

nope i hit the play button to load the family & i even click load on the family and i get no error message

Message 47 of 166 (538 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Save file deletes all households after reloading

★★★★ Novice

Hello @crinrict,

I believe I have identified the problem to be perhaps several outdated mods, following the new Sims patch made this week. I can recover files to restore the culled sims, but until I identify the problem content, they will remain unplayable.

While I'm not sure why sims are getting culled, I think I can confidently identify the problem as mods conflicting with the new patch. I am currently running a lengthy 50/50 test to try and figure out the problem content. I suggest this for anyone else in this thread as well.

I will PM you info as well.

Message 48 of 166 (538 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict,

I have identified my glitch cause of an outdated version of Meaningful Stories and perhaps an outdated version of a certain mod. I know, however, that this may not be the case with other users, but I can provide no further suspicions. I wish you best of luck.

Message 49 of 166 (523 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@bfssweetie To be sure, this is not your issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/INFO-REQUEST-Sims-disappeared-from-household-Blue-flas... ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 50 of 166 (487 Views)
Twitter Stream