Re: Cannot enter build mode

by pxclamationmark

Original Post

★★ Novice

It seems like we're having the same exact issue!! I've been trying to sort it out for more hours than I'd care to admit. I've tried everything.

Whenever I try to edit a lot from the world map, I get the error code 122:ae1a18cc:5136b7a3 (I can only get to build mode from an active household). I also keep getting this last exception when I start the game: 

• Last Module Called: sim_knowledge.py
  • Last Function Called: remove_known_trait
  • Error message: [manus] relationship_service failed to handle on_all_households_and_sim_infos_loaded due to exception (AttributeError: 'UnidirectionalRelationshipData' object has no attribute 'sim_id'), CategoryID: sim_knowledge:57

The problem doesn't seem to be anything in the mods folder because they're up to date; even though Nisa's mod and Basemental's mod were listed as causing the last exception, I still got the same error code after taking everything out and doing the 50/50 method. 

The tray files aren't the problem either. There's a conflict within the saves themselves that has been caused by mods, but removing mods and deleting households won't do anything-- only creating a new save will. I got no error codes or last exceptions with a new save. However, as soon as I loaded my old save, I got the error code and last exception.

I wish I knew what the problem was because I don't trust playing the game with these errors. I'm just so glad I backed up all my saves, tray items, and mods before I updated.

Message 71 of 111 (1,820 Views)

Hero
@pxclamationmark The problem with the issue is that updating the mods isn't enough. You need to remove them (and loose progress) or in case of Basemental contact him on his discord.

Depending on the culprit, it can also be an EA trait that was altered in that case it can't be fixed.

Do you also use MCCC ? If so, what trait does it list ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 72 of 111 (1,799 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried opening several saves and still had the same issue; I was only able to edit a lot and play a household without that initial LE on an entirely new save. So, I wouldn't be losing progress-- I'd have to start over completely. 

And, yah, I use MCCC. When I kept Nisa's mod in, I got an LE that included her mod and Basemental's. It did also mention a dindu_nuffin_trait from Nisa, but I haven't been able to find anything about it anywhere. 

When I loaded the game without Nisa's mod, I still received the same LE, but it didn't specifically mention Nisa or Basemental (I included that LE in my first reply). It doesn't say what trait is causing the issue (it just says remove_known_trait), which is SO frustrating. 

Again, those LEs come up as soon as the game loads. I don't know if that is related to my inability to edit lots from the world map or if it's a separate issue completely. 

Message 73 of 111 (1,780 Views)

Re: [MOD RELATED] Sims 4 error code: 122:ae1a18cc:61edd973

★★ Pro

I got this error too and I had Zero's "Cat/Dog lover trait as reward trait" and "vegetarian trait as reward trait" mods that were causing the issue. I removed them and I was able to load into BB mode straight from map view. Anyone know if Zero is already aware of this? Like someone who uses Discord?

Message 74 of 111 (1,746 Views)

Re: Sims 4 error code: 122:ae1a18cc:61edd973

★★★ Newbie

Hello, how do i find out which Mod is causing trouble so i can remove it

Message 75 of 111 (1,684 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@BeautifuLoser25 Was your problem ever solved? I didn't see any future responses from you so I'm just making sure if you found solution.
Message 76 of 111 (1,670 Views)

★★★ Novice

Honestly I haven't tried fixing it since the problem first occurred. I've been really busy the past month and haven't had time to sit down and figure things out. So I'm still having all of the same problems and it's with any lot when I try to enter it through the map. Live mode is the only way I can enter build mode. I also can't directly place a lot from the gallery from the map it also has to be through live mode. A new thing I came across and forgot to add is previously I was able to click and drag things around while in live mode like dirty dishes, plates of food, rugs, etc and I can't do that anymore. It doesn't allow me to move them which is annoying. 

Message 77 of 111 (1,651 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@BeautifuLoser25

Go to Documents/ElectronicArts - inside will be The Sims 4 folder

Step 1. Rename "The Sims 4" folder to "The Sims 4 Old"

See if this simple change will work.
Message 78 of 111 (1,645 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@iiAstraeaStarii Download MCCC and extract it into your mods folder. It can only be one folder deep, otherwise it won't show up. Go into the game - into an occupied lot. It should give you a notification that you have an error. It will be an orange notification. Close the game. The go to your mods folder and find the link that you extracted in the MCCC Files and it will give you a summary with details about your game. Start there.

2021-06-26_112617.jpg

Message 79 of 111 (1,620 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried this myself on the day I originally joined this thread. I even took it to the MCCC Discord team, and they couldn't find what the problem was either. 

I've still been able to play my game, but I still can't edit lots from the map, and I can't place lots from the gallery. I've been progressing the same story for over a year now (I create a different save file every week instead of saving over on the same file repeatedly); I have no intention of starting over though. 

Still waiting for a solution Frown

Message 80 of 111 (1,570 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help